ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by Tin Bird, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Tin Bird

Tin Bird Active Member

So, after having given my ears some rest, I decided to go all in. I purchased a McIntosh MXA70 integrated mini-system along w a McIntosh MCT80 Cd Transport. The #1 idea being, small speakers but great sound. The #2 idea being..holy crap, it's McIntosh! So far, my ears seem to be enjoying the sound. Have had it for a few days, so just getting used to things. Initially, I thought the sound was a bit "smaller". But, as the hours have gone on, it is starting to sound fuller by the second. the best part is, I don't seem to be having major ear ringing with it...must remind myself to watch the volume, but maybe, just maybe, I have finally found the dream hi-fi system that will take me into old age. Fingers crossed! :)

Audiofreak71 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Audiofreak71

Audiofreak71 Boerboelicious Subscriber

Congratulations, hope this one finally does it for you so you can sit back and enjoy the music .

Audiofreak71

Tin Bird likes this.
  3. Tin Bird

Tin Bird Active Member

Thanks man...just listened for a few hours...enjoyed it very much, sounded great and ears seemed to tolerate reasonably well. I am hopeful that this is my system. It certainly wan't cheap! ;-)

Audiofreak71 likes this.
  4. BobHol

BobHol Old fart Subscriber

My, my I just started doing some research on Integrated amps. Trying to trace your journey with Hi-Fi has not been easy. Quite often you seemed content. But then there was always something new to try. I'm not so sure about those McIntosh units, not a single WOW.:D
    Anyway my search is a bit more basic than yours and I'm quite a cheap-skate (nothing over $700). I looked up the NAD 3045 unit you mentioned and saw that it had very little in the way of Analog input. I'd like to have at least 3 analog inputs. But I am very interested in the Rotel A12. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seemed that you had little to say against the A12. But it seemed you knew it wasn't the end of your search.
    Best Wishes.