Electron Birth, Steve Roach relentless driving space Music

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I don’t usually report on New Age musicians such as Steve Roach as much of their music is far outside the mainstream. I have been a fan of new age/space music from its beginnings in the early 1970’s, and have followed Steve Roach almost from his start about the same time. Electron Birth is a release that I think the average person can get into. The release is in 2 tracks.
Track # 1 Electron Birth, 54’50”
Track # 2 Cloud Currents, 12’15”

Track #1 Electron Birth is a driving ambient track of high energy this is music I call night driving music. In Wyoming, at night out on the high plains, you can see the stars in all of their glory. While driving at night with instruments softly glowing, my HF radio tuned to 40 meters talking to other night travelers many 100’s of miles away with music like Electron Birth playing it is almost like I'm in a spaceship.

Track #2 Cloud Currents is more ethereal, relaxing. This track is more in line with Steve Roach’s releases like Early Man, and Structures from Silence. Quiet flowing soundscapes that can really help you wind down from a stressful day at work.

You can listen to this album in FLAC over at Bandcamp. There you can purchase the CD.

5C72B6FB-023A-4D74-A5D2-140B1D40AC0C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom