Electrovoice speakers

They would be great if you had a warehouse that needed sound. The price is great; almost suspicious. Most of the theaters I have been in in the last ten years seem to have Meyer or Apogee systems.

I agree with Wes_in_VA, a pair of really big EV speakers for $600 would be hard to resist. Probably not the last word in fidelity, but still. And maybe they would throw in the gorilla lurking to the left side of the speakers...

If there's an opposite to "near field", these are it. They're gonna need a realllllly big room to sound decent, and even then I believe you'll find them optimized for dialogue.

As always, just my opinion, YMMV.

Cheers,
Larry B.

Don't know anything about this particular model, but plenty of us have big rooms, shops or garages. Perhaps some judicious stacking might make them a little more compact, depending on the requirements of the various horns.

I had the opportunity to listen to this setup at Leben's in Iowa last weekend and was very impressed:

index.php

As a bonus, it was quick & easy to back it into the garage when thunderstorms came over. :bigok:

If you could get the proprietary processor these are made to be used with, they could be VERY hifi. But, without an appropriate processor and basic set-up guidelines they are unlikely to ever perform to their designed potential. A generic processor(dcx-2496) could probably be used, but might take some time and patience to get dialed in

Don't know anything about this particular model, but plenty of us have big rooms, shops or garages. Perhaps some judicious stacking might make them a little more compact, depending on the requirements of the various horns.

I had the opportunity to listen to this setup at Leben's in Iowa last weekend and was very impressed:

index.php

As a bonus, it was quick & easy to back it into the garage when thunderstorms came over. :bigok:

They look like they could give thunderstorms a good run for their money
index.php

Back
Top Bottom