ELI SL-B2

xXSHADoW93Xx

Found this at the Salvation Army for $7. It's a two-speed, belt-drive, semi-automatic turntable which clearly looks like a cheap Technics knockoff. It has an Audio-Technica AT95 cartridge, but I tested it with my Pickering V-15.

1QsQx3P.jpg

BAeImge.jpg

02DzvGi.jpg

It has a strobe and a pitch control, for both 33 1/3 and 45rpm, but is a PITA to get it to adjust properly
p4KUh2p.jpg

No info about the actual manufacturer, just a generic tag:
zotIsLf.jpg

A peek inside:
V80ddTz.jpg

NW3FQ1P.jpg

The original belt was too stretched out, so I grabbed a belt from a scrapped Crosley. probably explains the bad WOW and flutter I get while adjusting the speed (but the wow and flutter goes away after a few seconds)
aMaKGga.jpg

Despite its cheapness, it has an actual adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control:
Mw2SPnu.jpg

Probably just going to keep it to test magnetic cartridges on.

To my eye, it looks more like a JVC knockoff of a belt drive model from the era, the fonts on the strobe and the style of the tonearm look like JVC/Victor than Technics. Interesting and likely good.

It might look cheap, but it probably performs better than a lot of the new entry level turntables. It's a shame the dust cover is cracked. It could have been made nice looking if it was just scratched and scuffed.

Back
Top Bottom