EMC records

top gun

oldstuffer55
EMC Records, anyone listen to that label? Very good recordings, good jazz and obscure artists

Probably the most consistent and best sounding lable sense they were introduced. I find their vinyl quite and never has static buildup. Their cassettes are great sounding also. SUggest some John Abercrombie, Ralph Towner, Gary Burton, Pat Metheny (FIrst Circle if you like bass) and many others.

I have a bunch of Pat Metheny releases on ECM, and they sound absolutely fantastic. Some of the best sounding vinyl I've heard. I find they tend to be pretty fussy on the inner grooves somehow, though: I only get inner groove distortion on a few ECM albums. It doesn't totally make sense to me that there could be something about the records themselves that require a better alignment, but what do I know :scratch2:

I have a bunch of Pat Metheny releases on ECM, and they sound absolutely fantastic. Some of the best sounding vinyl I've heard. I find they tend to be pretty fussy on the inner grooves somehow, though: I only get inner groove distortion on a few ECM albums. It doesn't totally make sense to me that there could be something about the records themselves that require a better alignment, but what do I know :scratch2:

It has been so long since I owned/played LPs that I don't recall whether my ECM's were cut closer to spindle, but that might do it. Dense grooves maybe could also be a factor? Also, I think azimuth error may be exacerbated toward center.

I had Metheny's Bright Size Life, and Jarrett/Garbarek/et al's Belonging on LP first time around. Love both, have on CD now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom