Emerald City. ...WTF???

the skipper

Professional Curmudgeon
Maybe it's me but methinks hey took too many liberties with L. Frank Baum's original story. The original characters are a pale reflection of their original and exist in name only, not in actions or contributions to the plot.

I saw this as a mash-up of "Game of Thrones", David Lynch's "Dune", and a touch of Mike Hodges "Flash Gordon" thrown in fo good measure.

To sum it up, in my opinion, it's pretentious, overly dark, humorless, and the actors compete with other to see who can chew up the most scenery..

Of course, YMMV and that's fine with me.

I agree with everything you said in fact I would not of known who Dorothy was in this unless she was called by her name. Will continue to watch this to see if it can hold my attention but for some reason I get the feeling it will get political drawing comparisons to society today.

I liked it. It brings the Wizard of Oz from yesterdays youth fantasy to today's adult speculative reality.
Was good enough I didn't delete it after watching so I can watch again. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Yup ... only caught a couple episodes, and rewatched the first in an unsuccessful attempt to figure out WTF ... then again, the yellow brick road IS made of opium, and the writers apparently got a good contact buzz going. I see an early cancellation, and I ain't no wizard, nor have I ever played one on TV ... then again, it's only slated for 10 episodes anyway, so it might just die of natural causes instead of getting axed.

+1 on Tin Man though. That also tooks some serious liberties with the original story line, but was well done and eminently entertaining.

PS ... bonus points for Emerald City for having the biggest baddest Toto ever!

NUP_172062_1134.jpg

PS ... if you haven't seen it yet ... THIS is a munchkin ... can't imagine these guys representing the lollipop guild or the lullaby league ... no way, no how!

NUP_172062_1077.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'll rewatch Cloud Atlas again. At least the moments of confusion were clarified as the story unfolded.

I watched the first three episodes but find it hard to stick with it. It's not bad. It has a slow temp which would be fine without the commercials.

I will wait until it hits DVD and revisit it.

We represent, the lollipop league
The lollipop league
The lollipop league

And in the name of
The lollipop league

BEFORE

amd-lollipop-guild-jpg.jpg

AFTER

(anyone who even so much as snickers, dies)

oz-lollipop-league.jpg

Back
Top Bottom