emission test + multimeter its "ok" for check my tubes ?

mati1979

Hi, i have many tube amps and pre tube. 6550, el34 , kt88, 12ax7, 12at7

I have very basic knowledge about tubes. but I would like to test the status of the valves

Can help me a Kyoritsu K119 (only emission) + simple multimeter ?

I have seen compact Orange VT1000 tube check but expensive and I read not good comments :(

An emission tester will tell you if the tube is very strong or nearly dead, but it won't do much more than that.

Where are you located? There may be an AKer near you who has a more sophisticated tester.

Any chance you have a signal generator? If you can verify full power output with a gen, a dummy load, and ideally a scope, that will prove output tubes out quite handily.

Hi, i have many tube amps and pre tube. 6550, el34 , kt88, 12ax7, 12at7

I have very basic knowledge about tubes. but I would like to test the status of the valves

Can help me a Kyoritsu K119 (only emission) + simple multimeter ?

I have seen compact Orange VT1000 tube check but expensive and I read not good comments :(
Emissions testers work best for signal tubes where the power supply doesn't need to adequately provide the large voltages necessary for a power tube. So you need to realize that on power tubes a simple tester will no put enough of a test.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but along these same lines, anyone have any comments about "Maxi-Matcher" testers used by some tube sellers to match tubes?

Not trying to hijack this thread, but along these same lines, anyone have any comments about "Maxi-Matcher" testers used by some tube sellers to match tubes?
The matching with maximatcher is very good. This as it test the tubes at 400V, similar as the amp.
It's consistent and faultproof. Recommends!

i have 6 tubes 12ax7 in my pre C2300 (mcintosh) and KT88 and 12AT7 with MC275

any know about Orange VT1000 compact tube check ?

i have 6 tubes 12ax7 in my pre C2300 (mcintosh) and KT88 and 12AT7 with MC275

any know about Orange VT1000 compact tube check ?
A better use of your money is to buy some 12ax7 and 12at7 and KT88 from a reputable dealer.
If you get trouble, testing with a known good tube is the best way. Just make sure that
your "testtubes" are good - throw them away when not.

The matching with maximatcher is very good. This as it test the tubes at 400V, similar as the amp.
It's consistent and faultproof. Recommends!

I concur peterh, I bought mine in the early 2000`s, and some adaptors for different output tubes(7591, 6BQ5) a few years later.
And find it to be a very good tester for output tube burn in and matching, as well at real world plate voltages..

To test a more complete variety of audio tubes, both smalI signal and power, I purchased the Amplitrex AT-1000 around 3 years ago, and am very happy with it`s performance, completeness in testing, and extreme ease of use..

Back
Top Bottom