EMIT Tweeter Help

Hi Guys,
I have a pair of Infinity RSb speakers and the tweeters are not working. They are the ones on a round black plate about 4.5 inches. I read some info on fixing the EMITs. What I didn't read is when you take the buggers apart is that the magnets pop the plates off. Sure enough it did that and shifted tearing the diaphram.

So it looks like I need to make some kinda jig to keep the plates aligned. I was wondering what the next set would be. Where can I get new diaphrams or is it cheaper to just buy new/used EMITs?

Thanks!
Carl

Onepixel.

Go here http://www.infinity-classics.de/infinity/models/Reference-series-1978-klein/RS-b/body_rs_b.html

and open the Technical Sheet. You'll see that the Emit diaphragm PN is 751-3722. ( other cool info on your speakers as well :yes: )

Speakerrepair.com sells this PN for aprox 140$ per pair, or as singles as well. I guess if you can get a parted out set on Ebay or wherever for cheaper, then the added advantage of that route is you won't have to try to get those magnet plates back together again. :D

Oh, If you were reading the Emit repair sticky on this forum, then I think you did miss a few references to the "danger" of those plates shifting and snapping back together. It's happened to a few of us, kind of funny really. Made me feel like a real idiot when it happened, but then that's how you learn eh?

Good luck on the repair.

Back
Top Bottom