EMotiva ERC1, ERC2, ERC3 ? Experiences?

Yeah. I just don't understand why they don't just send you new units when there are so many problems. Well. I guess I do, but I won't likely get another emotiva unit. The Erc 3 does sound good though.

I own an erc 3, bought it in January 2015, I have had zero problems with this unit, no noise issues. I use it almost daily. I think it sounds great and looks cool too.

I would not choose the Oppo 103 with it’s cheap dvd-style switchmode supply over the Emo. The ERC3 at least has an honest to goodness linear supply with a hefty toroidal former and cap reservoir. Any doubt, just compare the weight of the two units. IMO the 105 is more on par with the ERC3 in sound quality. That said, the ERC3 is not perfect. It sounds rougher in the middle compared to my Onkyo C7000 and it doesnt have the authority in the low end when the music calls for it. Still, I don’t think there is a better player out there for under a grand.

Last edited:
I've owned the 2 and now have the 3. To me the 3 is better. As to the noise issue some have, mine is dead quiet. Been a great player for a while now. Considered getting rid of my cheap blu ray player and ERC3 to get the new Oppo UPD player, but a bit concerned I won't get the improvement I want for that very hefty price.

Back
Top Bottom