Emotiva RSP-1 Preamp

Tripqzon

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I posted in the following forum http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136113 how much I enjoy the RPA-1 power amp and stated that I would like to get the matching preamp. The reviews on both items are positive.

Well that day has come. My wife has agreed to let me use a small portion of our income tax return to help me purchase the RSP-1. But, I have to sell some equipment to come up with half the money. I can live with that deal.

It's scheduled to arrive this coming Tuesday. I am excited to say the least :banana:. I will post my thoughts on it shortly after I get some listening time in. I spent a good part of yesterday switching out my rack and changing equipment around to accommodate my new purchase. Now when it arrives it should be a simple swap out. Wish me luck.

Paul

Nice! Can't wait to hear what the combo sounds like to your ears.

Pictures to please.

I have heard the Emotiva RPA-1. It is a great sounding pre for the dollars. Good choice. Very smooth non hard solid state sounding. Sort of reminds me of tubes ...a little anyway.
You'll love it. Enjoy.

I have heard the Emotiva RPA-1. It is a great sounding pre for the dollars. Good choice. Very smooth non hard solid state sounding. Sort of reminds me of tubes ...a little anyway.
You'll love it. Enjoy.

Thanks vincedog3. You do mean RSP-1 don't you? Hopefully It will arrive today.

Thanks for the link. I'm surprised I didn't catch that. Sounds sweet for sure.

It looks promising. I bet the style will change to the "new" emotiva style.

When you get the pre please post some pics of the pre and amp togther with the house lights off but the equipment. I want to see how much these glow.

RSP-1 In The House

Ok. The RSP-1 arrived today in excellent condition. I won't comment on the sound yet but have to say that the pictures on Emotiva's website do not do it justice. This thing is a work of art. Even more impressive than I expected. The build quality seems excellent to me. Very solidly built. The remote is made of brushed aluminum and has some heft to it. Wish I had a scale to place it on. Extremely impressive looking imo.

Here is a link to a bunch of photos I took before placing it in the rack. Hope you enjoy them.
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/audiobucket/RSP-1/

Over the next few days I will give it some listening and post my thoughts probably by the weekend.

Paul

Thanks for the night shots. The blue is beautiful around the knobs. I love the quality look of the remote, you do not find many like that.

I really wish I had the $$$ to try the set. Which pre is this replacing?

Great pix. Tripqzon, is the volume or any other knobs-buttons aluminum?
I hope the RSP-2 has a dac for my digital sources. I can't remember the last 2ch pre with dacs? Maybe 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom