Emotiva XDA-1

burmashave

Emotiva's DAC is reduced again to $199. I think I going to snag one and put it up against the peachtree Dacit. It's $250 less than the Dacit. Has more inputs including analog for an iPod or something I guess. It's not returnable, so if I don't like it, I'll have to keep it anyway, or sell it at a loss.

Anybody else thinking of picking one up?

Damn! At $199 it's really getting tempting. I've almost pulled the trigger on several Emotiva items but I just never have taken the plunge. A friend has the USP and it sounded pretty nice and was definitely full featured!

What did you replace it with and why if you don't mind sharing.

I replaced it with my Bel Canto Dac 1.5. I love the Bel Canto but it costs probably 8 times what the Emo costs. I'm sure it doesn't sound 8 times better.

cubdog

Last edited:
"All sales final"
Probably they will introduce shortly a new DAC and they need to get rid of stock.
AD1955 that is the core of XDA-1 is a very nice DAC.

They are bringing out a new DAC this summer that will do up to 35/385 on USB 2.0. That's why they are selling out the XDA-1. I have the XDA-1 and found it incredible at the low $249.99 price I paid, but at $199.99 how can you go wrong? There are several places and ways one can incorporate the XDA-1 into a system. When the new DAC comes out I will buy it, but I will also NOT be letting go of my XDA-1 either.

Jimmy

The XDA I have does great and it's kinda hard to beat with all of the connections it has. $199 is a steal. The only thing that would make mine any better would be an all silver front panel but well that's just me wanting things to match.

Plus, with the volume control, it basically makes the heart of a digital system pre amp.

My only beef with it is that you can't shut off all the front panel LEDs and display. Even on the lowest setting they put out a fair bit of light.

Yeah the lights on the Emotiva stuff are kinda bright. I have a preamp and amp of theirs in my bedroom system and some nights the lights make it hard to sleep.

I just pulled the trigger. It's $250 less than the Dacit. I hope I like it so I can return the Dacit and save some money. If not, well I guess I have two dacs now.

I just pulled the trigger. It's $250 less than the Dacit. I hope I like it so I can return the Dacit and save some money. If not, well I guess I have two dacs now.
Well, if you can wait for the return, you can maybe share your experience with both of them.

That's cheap for that Emotiva. The cost of a good dac has definitely come down a lot over the last couple years. Now there are a bunch of low-production companies selling high-quality, boutique-type DAC's for very-little money, and this means that true, high-end digital audio is no longer unobtainable on a budget. People can use a simple computer and a good amp/receiver and get the kind of sound one hears from expensive outboard players.

Last edited:
Yeah let us know what you think. I'd buy another one for my computer but I'm kind of into headphones at the moment. Dollars only stretch so far.

cubdog

Back
Top Bottom