Empire Turntable and Claude Cain

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
I received an email which says the following:

I believe I am the last Empire Engineer alive. I have been offering a manual on the speakers and the turntables with sources, methods and advice, primarily on E-Bay. Evidently someone has posted my offer on your site and I would like to amend it to include my turntable, phone number/e-mail and somehow let you print both manuals. No charge I own almost all of the Royals, including 6 of the 9000Ms. I am 74, not really selling anything but how to bring the speakers to "better than new" specs.
< EOM>

Now, I'm always curious, so I called Mr. Cain. After a long, and most enjoyable conversation, he provided me with photos and his write-up on the Empire Royal Grenadier 9000M speakers, including rather detailed instructions on how to restore them to former glory. As well, he included a similar document for the Empire 598II turntable. He asked me to post these, along with his offer to speak about them, with anyone who wishes to call him. He will answer question, or chat about Empire gear. Since his phone number is posted elsewhere on the web, he requested that I post it here.

Mr. Claude Cain can be reached at 415-550-0840 (Pacific Time). As well, he accepts emails at his account, claudecain3@comcast.net.

Note: He made it clear that he is not doing this for recompense. He is aging, and wants to make sure the information is available, for posterity.

Personal note: Mr. Cain is an interesting character. I thoroughly enjoyed our chat. Beyond his interest in Empire, audio, and music, he is a highly-ranked competitor/instructor in the game of Bridge.

The Empire speakers thread is in the Speakers forum Stickies thread, at the top of the index.

598Case.jpg

598II.jpg

Advertisement398.jpg

Belt Installed.jpg

Bottom view.jpg

Cabinet Back.jpg

Dustbug Mount.jpg

Dustbug Tip.jpg

DustBug.jpg

Front.jpg

I make no representations about this material. I am just the courier. Any questions you have should be directed to Mr. Cain.

Back
Top Bottom