1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Enjoying a nice Cigar.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by DC, Aug 8, 2011.

1. www.records

www.records Quality over Quantity

I hope you enjoy them Don. Time to pop that Cuban cherry.

2. DC

DC "Manhattan Boy" Subscriber

Por Larranga Petit Corona 2014 (from The Holyland) :smoke:

3. www.records

Nice choice! What did you think?

I just finished a Warped Don Reynaldo corona that was barely smokeable from being plugged. After it warmed up a little I was able to loosen it up a little.

4. DC

Nice! A tad dry, so I think it might have burned a little hotter than ideal. I didn't get the sticks in the humidor right away so they sat on the counter on their bag for a couple of days. No harm, though. Pleasant aroma, even burn (one re-light, though), and packed a little more wallop than what I'm used to. (An extra cocktail at dinner probably helped, too!) Overall very enjoyable!

www.records likes this.
  5. www.records

Be careful with the Opus X. It is a full bodied/full flavored cigar. Smoke it after a meal and smoke it slow.
    RIP Carlos Fuente Sr. The cigar world lost a great man today. Tonight I am going to smoke a Don Carlos 80th Personal Reserve in The Dons honor.

6. pdm4606

pdm4606 Super Member

I smoked for 20 years and enjoyed a cigar from time to time. Last cigar I had was in Las Vegas after 30 yrs. of not smoking. It almost killed me. Bent over puking into a garbage can I vowed to never have one of those again. That day I turned 71. My wife said I looked green.

7. www.records

pdm4606, below is not directed towards you specifically. Cigars are not for everyone, just like most hobbies.
    Some cigars pack a lot of nicotine, others not so much. Never inhale, smoke after a full meal, smoke slowly and if you begin feeling light headed, dizzy or sick, let a packet or two of sugar dissolve under your tongue or stop smoking and drink a soft drink or something sweet. After about 10 minutes you will be back to near normal.
    I enjoy 1-3 cigars a week and always in the evening about an hour after supper. I got Nic sick once when I began the hobby and it kicked my ass, like a terrible case of flu. I just took a nap and woke up feeling better. It was later I learned about sugar or sweet drink helping prevent the onslaught from starting or shortening or minimizing the effects.

8. DC

Montecristo #4 also from Mecca with a nice IPA

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    www.records likes this.
  9. DC

My Father CT toro with Crown Royal

www.records likes this.
  10. lifer70

lifer70 What? Subscriber

Just got my order of Oliva G's. Gonna light one up tomorrow as I finish repairing a R2R for a friend.

www.records likes this.
  11. Infinity!

Infinity! Active Member

Havent smoked cigars in a while, but i remember LOVING Tatuaje Reserva's and La Hermandad's (black lable... not the white ones). :)

www.records likes this.
  12. DC

Time to rekindle (haha) the interest! :)

Infinity! and www.records like this.
  13. www.records

Just lit a Room 101 Mutante Gold Lancero with a cup of coffee while watching the start of the Cards/Astos game.

DC and Infinity! like this.
  14. www.records

Last night I had a custom roll Johnny O that had been aging for about 7 years. It has held up extremely well and was excellent.

DC likes this.
  15. www.records

Flor de Las Antilles Toro made by My Fathers Cigar Co. A couple of years rest has been good to these.

ictwoody likes this.
  16. ictwoody

ictwoody I like vintage gear — my preamp is from 2007. Subscriber

That is one of my go to's. But I like the Belicoso. The Flor de Las Antilles never disappoints.

- Woody

www.records likes this.
  17. www.records

I agree, I prefer Corona, Robusto, Belicoso or Lanceros. But I stray a bit when something catches my eye. I really enjoyed this FdLA.

ictwoody likes this.
  18. DC

Helix Blue tonight ... very enjoyable

www.records likes this.
  19. www.records

I had a little MonteCristo #5 (4x40).

20. www.records

Went to the local cigar lounge Friday evening with a friend for poker night. I enjoyed an Oliva V Melanio Maduro torpedo and had a good time.

Yesterday afternoon was a beautiful sunny 75f and my neighbor text asking if I wanted to come over and smoke a cigar with him on his patio. I took over 2 MonteCristo #4's from 2014. He doesn't like a strong full bodied cigar and also has a habit of only smoking about 1/2 of a cigar before laying it down. Be both nubbed these.

Smitty43 likes this.