What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

My new system is in transport right now, but I lean heavily toward many of Don Pepin's many fine products. Tatuaje, Cabaiguan, El Truinfador, and 601's to name a few.

I'm relatively new to cigar land, but seem to have found a very enjoyable smoke in Carrillo's new "New Wave Connecticut" :)

Last edited:
Nice overview AA. I like an Arturo Fuente 858 in Maduro. Had one listening to live music in the side yard on Saturday up in Boone, NC. My son plays Bass in a college band. I also like a Macanudo Hyde Park Cafe. And another would be a Padron Maduro Churchill. I like a cigar that's kinda warm and moist smoking. Building flavor in the mouth. (you know that can never come out right).

As for drink. I like Bourbon myself. Some Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve. On the rocks.

I smoke with water quite allot. I seem to be drinking less with age.

On a nice day I might be caught in the afternoon having a cigar in a lawn chair in the yard with my laptop in my lap on a conference call.

I "enjoyed" about half a bottle of Hess Select Cabernet Sauvignon in the 90+ minutes it took me to go through the big Carrillo. :)

I enjoy a really good cigar only when someone offers me one. The rest of the time I buy them as gifts. That's because I don't want to lose my taste the the dollar cigar. Same as wine. There are not great, but good enough, cigars and bottles out there to make life good if you don't get a taste for the really good. Problem with the really good is that one can't tap the credit cards any more since they are needed to finance the university and the housing for the dependents who rely on the breadwinner. Many times it has been put to me that it would save money to cut out both, but you have to factor in the medical value of stress relief versus zero stress relief. Currently, the stress relief wins the contest. Booker T and a bottle of cheap wine and a smoke does the trick every time.

For me, it really depends on what i had for dinner and my mood. Could be an aged 2001 Robusto (meat) or Siglo II from 2003 (Italian food), though this past week the weather, food and live music were great so had a Medias Coronas (first release Nov 2002). The latter is truly splendid and amazing, very complex, a small touch/bit on the 'light' side for me as preference are for VERY strong cigars. Does not build like a Siglo IV or Esplendito, just stays nice and medium strength. Notes of sweet leather with hints of vanilla and... cigar ecstasy :) My fave actually, too bad they are so damn rare!

Attachments

• cigar.jpg
    cigar.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I'm kinda cheap... Drew Estates Acid Blues are what I'm smoking. I would prefer a Kuba Kuba but like I said... I'm cheap.

When I have a cigar my wife likes a taste or two because she says I don't taste like crap when we kiss. Yesterday was our 37th anniversary. So after dinner and a movie we settled down by our fire pit to relax a while and listen to some music. I had a Romeo & Julieto Maduro torpedo something and a glass of Maker's. She had her 1st cigar of her own to go with her Malibu & diet. Crappy cell phone pics aside, we were stylin' poolside to be sure.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cigars.jpg
    cigars.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 250
Davidoff "Z" class platinum this afternoon. A little strong for my tastes, I think ...

Last edited:
Helix 6/52 with the Tigers on the radio and a nice drink (The Macallan 12-year)

:)

Last edited:
Love a good smoke listening to the big G in the garage system in the summer. Have been fortunate to have kept, aged and smoked maybe 20 boxes of good Cubans over the last 15 years or so. Have just a small handful left, and some have peaked and past their prime, but are still great smokes. Not even a hint of bite left in the older smokes I have in the aging (cooler) box:
Cohiba Robusto Cabinet
Bolivar Corona Gigante Cabinet
Vega Robaina Torpedoes
Partagas Series D, No.4 (robustos), and...
(2) only, Montechristo "A"s. (which are literally EPIC cigar events each and every one!)
my favorite legal brand, and what I've been buying and laying-down to age for years, are the larger Puros Indios cigars. They still make some of the most enormous "pyramids", which age extremely well. The "Viejo" and "Maximum Reserva" label smokes from Puros Indios are my go to smokes these days, and are very consistent, smooth with out bite, and develop very well. Full bodied,
leathery, earth, with some of those sissy fruit and spice notes they talk about in Aficianado.
Almost always fire up with a good assortment of IPAs at hand. The hoppier the better.
I would never smoke in the house, but my garage is set up well. Beer fridge. Detached 3-car. Sansui G-8000 driving VMPS ribbon-midrange speakers, and cable TV. Have a pretty good wood shop, and a developing electronics bench, when there's time for such things. It's taken some time to set up, but it's coming along.
Had a good buddy that was the copilot of this whole deal, that crapped the bed a few months ago and screwed my whole thing up.
Our wives were buddies before we were, but we had become pretty close over the last 10-12. Kids are buddies, vacations together the whole thing. Guy had always been flirty with women, but never did anything about it, as far as I knew. Come to find out that all the sudden he tells his wife he wants a divorce because he's taken up with his soul-mate sorta thing. Stupid a$$ has lied-to, and alienated his children, family and friends with the crap he's pulling trying to get over on his lovely wife as they go through mediation into divorce proceedings. I'll miss the guy, but F him. Can't hang with anyone that won't do the right thing for his own ex and children. SOB lied to me and many others for years. Just figuring out how angry and disappointed I am I guess.
Sorry to go on and hijack this.

Romeo y Julieta "Vintage II" with some Chardonnay

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314480868.183778.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314480868.183778.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Well I only have 1 kind of cigar. Bought a box. But I wanted to share that I have to brush my teeth before I can really enjoy an LP with one.

Makes sense to have a clean palate right? Perdomo Lot 23 natural churchill paired up with Jim Beam 7 year. No ice. Room temp.

Camacho Connecticut (toro) after dinner out back with the Tigers on the radio (and winning at the moment). No drink at the moment - two Manhattans at dinner was enough! :)

For health reasons, I had to give it up a couple years ago. (Too many years of working in dusty environments.) My last stogie made me very, very sick.

However, Up until that point, Ghurka Black Dragon. I wish I could have one right now.

Reading through this thread, I am enjoying a smoke vicariously.

Thanks, Guys.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom