EPI-100v for $65. Yay, or nay?

If I was within an hour of his location, I would pick them up. They have the vinyl cabs instead of veneer. :( And the foam may need to be replaced soon, too. But they are nice speakers and worth the $65.

In my area (Tennessee) , someone in Nashville is selling a similar pair for $180, which I think is grossly overpriced. But he has come down from $200 in the past month. :rflmao: A flipper near me has the same model as in Madison for $130. He has had them listed for a while because they are overpriced, too.

Nice speakers. Since they were refoamed, even 13 years ago, they are probably goid for a while and probably worth it. I haven't paid that much for 100v's but they needed work.

The vinyl on them tends to get sticky over time. Cleaning with a Simple Green or similiar solution helps but you can also dust them with talcum powder to reduce the tackiness.

Last edited:
They are great sounding speakers and YES worth every bit of that. I have a pair of the 100V's that have newer surrounds, new capacitors, cabinet bracing and new 5-way binding posts .. they sound amazing and i will never sell mine

That's a great price. EPI 100s are amazing speakers and I wouldn't let mine go for anywhere near that low.

I have a set of Genesis 1+ speakers which are very close relatives of the EPI 100 line. I paid something like $60 for them 6 years ago and still love them. They aren't beautiful, but you can't beat the sound quality for the price.

I replied to the ad (email only), with no response. I tried again the next day and he responded "I do not answer unless I see a phone number or clear email address." Well, my gmail address is pretty clear.

I then asked if I could see them some day after work. He has never replied back. This was two days ago.

Oh, well.

I replied to the ad (email only), with no response. I tried again the next day and he responded "I do not answer unless I see a phone number or clear email address." Well, my gmail address is pretty clear.

I then asked if I could see them some day after work. He has never replied back. This was two days ago.

Oh, well.

Craig's List e-mail handling is intended to maintain anonymity of the parties. It often strips e-mail addresses, even when intentionally added. If I want to buy something, I always respond:

I am interested in your <whatever>. When and where is a good time and place to meet? I am available today after #pm or all day tomorrow.

Tom, 865-###-#### (text, call, or leave message if no answer)

This is how I expect buyers to respond when I am selling. Buyers need to ask when and where to make pickup, say when they are available, and give contact info to let the seller know they are real. Anything less then they are wasting my time.

With the number of spammers out there, providing this info up front is a clear way to let the seller know you are real and interested. When I am selling, I ignore people if I do not have the above info after the second contact via e-mail.

PS: The best time to pick up is now, not tomorrow or later in the week. The seller wants to sell, not wait on a buyer to get around to picking it up. You can try to negotiate a later pickup, but only if you don't care if you get it. First come, first serve is the rule unless you negotiate different terms.

Back
Top Bottom