EPI 201s?

You are correct, they are the EPI equivalent to the Epicure 20. I had both at the same time and preferred the 201's to the 20's. I consider the 201's to be the best of the EPI/Epicure dual 8" module models.

Not sure what you mean by not appreciating what he's got. They need refoam at a minimum, and his price each is on the high side for a pair in that condition, without knowing if any of the drivers work.

It was more the description of heavy speakers from the 80s ..It was more about having no name. I agree on the price is high, I spent about that for my 20s, but they were almost pristine and recently refoamed.

A

In Colorado, he would be lucky to get 25% of the asking price in that condition. Refoamed and recapped they might bring $200-$300 for the pair.

I find it interesting that looks like there are no surrounds on the woofers. Every pair of 201's I've seen have had the rubber surrounds and they while might be hard and cracked, they are complete.

My understanding is that they eventually switched to foam, and foam was fine for redoing the surrounds.

Back
Top Bottom