1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Epiphone Factory tour China

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by Nightcleaner, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Nightcleaner

Nightcleaner Active Member

Just the number of Guitars they make bewildering. Now I seen where My Epiphone Dot was born.

Stillhouse likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Binkman

Binkman AK Subscriber Subscriber

Well as a manufacturing eng. experience the tooling is really good. all the operations. I have 2010 les paul standard pelham blue' (very good finish) that I got off the bay and neck was never set up for time with strings on.. warped and twisted, too. Never set the neck. Only took 3 months to get the warp out at 3/8ths inch!

I doubt previous owner made the neck warped.. but did install good pots and caps and came with a bigsby trem!! woo hoo.. well that sucked sort of but did include parts to convert back. I replaced china pups with semour duncan 59's buckers. Then getting into minor shit I put a bone nut on.

btw.. weighs 9.10oz.. same as solid body American Gibson and I could hand it to you blindfolded and you'd swear it was American version. I paid a yard and my extras plus the free bigsby... I bought a hard shell case.

Opinions are made in china.. well there are fine japanese guitars, indonesian fenders.. all over the world of guitars. But from a tech scope.. my first electric was a 59' epiphone sunburst les paul jr. 10yrs old when I bought it in late 60's? the neck was really straight and finger action was real nice like this one. pups needed work though.

upload_2018-11-2_17-44-32.png

Nightcleaner likes this.
  3. Celt

Celt Peanut Head Staff Member Super Mod

Very cool! Thanks!

4. Nightcleaner

Nightcleaner Active Member

Attached Files:

5. Ross6860

Ross6860 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Had several Epiphone guitars, including two Dots and two LPs.

All the ones I had were excellent guitars. Replace the pickups and pots and have all the guitar you need.

FWIW - Agile makes a killer LP copy. Mine had a real maple top, Grovers, and an ebony board.