Epos Elan 10 - Anyone own? Opinions?

Like you, I was stating an opinion based on what I know. Nothing more, nothing less. I know nothing of Dayens amps...would never comment on something I know nothing about. Is customer service an issue with Creek and Epos, yes. I would say that customer service is an issue in general and not unique to Creek and Epos. That is why it's always best to buy from a dealer that is supportive. Anyway, enough on Creek, I think.

Yeah, well independent of what has been said here, I don't have much faith in Epos or Creek as a company right about now. A few weeks back I had requested a few graphs about my speakers and was basically told that since they are out of production they are not offering any support for them, which included the information I requested. So if I was so easily stiffed when asking basic info, I don't want to experience what will happen if I were to buy an actual amplifier from Creek and Heaven forbid have an issue. No thanks.

As for now, I've actually decided to try an Audio-GD Precision 1 integrated amplifier with these speakers. I don't know how the synergy will be so it's a total shot in the dark. I'm going based on my previous experience with Audio-GD products and being that their support and response time are fantastic. I know their build quality and can rest assured knowing that it'll last for years to come. I'll likely post a thread once I've ordered the Audio-GD and fingers crossed they have good synergy together.

Wow...guess I am the only one on the planet that has had good success with Epos, I have never owned a Creek product. But I do have both Epos and Music Hall and Roy Hall has always responded to my emails promptly. Once on a Saturday afternoon when I was having issue with my mmf-7.1 and the Project 9c arm, we traded 3-4 emails and all was fixed within the hour.
Just last week he replied to my question about the new line of tables......I have no issues with Roy Hall, Epos or Music Hall.....Fantastic products that perform well above price point.

@StevenZ
Weird you are having issues with your Elan's....they are high sensitive speakers at like 90-91dB 4ohm and should have no problem being driven by a good amp, even possible with a flea watt tube amp. My NAD C356BEE powers the Epos effortlessly rated at 85wpc, I suspect I barely use 10-20wpc....On occasion I crank it and they sing really nice. Try NAD, Onkyo, Yamaha or Marantz amps.....should be good......What are you using now?

I always received quick replies from Roy as well. Of course they weren't constructive. He would just reply to let me know that everything except the products he distributes was the problem. I have spoken with multiple dealers who have stated that Roy does not stand behind the products that he distributes and makes warranty issues into a real battle. Two dealers I know quit working with Music Hall because of that. Others I know are realistic and assume that they will take the hit if there is a problem with his products. When you go to the next level, as has been stated, you get no response at all. Especially now that there is no Epos and Creek forum. Earlier I stated that Epos and Creek have a real synergy, and they do. However, it really is buyer beware because you can't count on any service if anything goes wrong. That's why having a good (that means with deep pockets) dealer is ideal when dealing with MH distributed products.

I'm not having any issues with my Elan's. I was just wanting to see a frequency graph and impedance graph. Both of which they told me they couldn't supply because of their production status.

I'm currently using a very inexpensive amp that I found on eBay from China. Its an Indeed HiFi Lab TDA7498E based amp that I got for $135 shipped. It actually sounds fantastic aside from a low level hiss that is constant regardless of volume position. IMO this amp has far outclassed any of the Tripath amps I have tried. As a temporary shoe in it works just right.

But being the lazy creature I am, I am now in need of an integrated with a remote control. I don't need a ton of power since my room is really small, but enough to put a smile on my face when the wife is out.

Again, I have had ZERO next level issues with my Epos, Music Hall products.....I also just purchased the Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0 and zippo issues at all. Performs again well above price point, which would be like the Phoenix product of $100 more and Pro-ject at dbl the price, both of which I auditioned. Since you are not buying from Roy Hall direct any issues would be with the dealer if they do not want to issue refunds or trade in or something like that...You are dealing with them, not Roy Hall. Also a warranty protects everyone, as long as within the expiration period, the dealer and you are protected....If out of warranty then I don't think there is a beef with anyone. If a product is not made well and does not last long then that is a different issue, I have never heard that about Epos, Music Hall or Creek, within reason.

But there are always exceptions I suppose.....I have no issues :thumbsup: Carry on and play the music :music:

Back
Top Bottom