1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Epsilons in florida

Discussion in 'Infinity Loudspeakers' started by Bahamayellow, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Bahamayellow

Bahamayellow Well-Known Member

Hello there is a set of Epsilons in Florida on the bay. They are big and beautiful so someone might get a good price on them, No external crossover bass module though.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. okeeteekid

okeeteekid Well-Known Member

Unfortunately without the SCU Box the woofer will run full range and will not be servo controlled

3. Bahamayellow

Bahamayellow Well-Known Member

I was wondering there are other pieces on the bay to make them complete but gets pricey. It would be worth it but out of my range. Lol

4. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

They look nice but without that servo...

5. pauljh

pauljh Active Member

6. okeeteekid

The epsilons came with two different SCU boxes, original SCU and REV A, you have to match the right box for your epsilons as the pcb board attached to the epsilon woofer is also different for the two SCU boxes.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

7. pauljh

pauljh Active Member

Is the woofer PCB labeled so that you can figure out which SCU matches?

okeeteekid likes this.
  8. okeeteekid

I think it is but it takes about 1 hour to get the woofer out to see the PCB board.

The PCB board has a copper shielding covering it so you can't see it looking through the back of the speaker when the gold plate/speaker terminal is removed.

The front grill has to be removed and is screwed to the cabinet from the inside of the speaker so I doubt the guy selling the epsilons would allow you to take them apart to see.

That being said I think he is charging too much for them, they should probably be about $2000 to $2500 in that condition without the SCU, you could be taking a big chance that there is something wrong with the PCB board or the sensor on the woofer or more and you still might not find the right SCU.

One thing you could do is buy a pair of these and cross the woofers over at 150hz but then the woofers will only be like normal woofers and won't be servo controlled but would be better than not having any woofers.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Harrison-Labs-FMOD-150Hz-LP-Low-Pass-Subwoofer-Electronic-Crossover/272203196361?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  9. okeeteekid

Looks like they are also missing the gold plate on the back of the speakers and the damper for the rear tweeters.