Equalizers?

well i am also a live sound eng. and my vote goes to Klark Teknik DN360 i wont work without one. very good for home too. IMHO of course.

I love Klark Teknik gear. Not only is it about as good as electronics get in any realm (consumer, pro, commercial), it goes far beyond traditional definitions of hideous.

I love Klark Teknik gear. Not only is it about as good as electronics get in any realm (consumer, pro, commercial), it goes far beyond traditional definitions of hideous.

Well, there it is, the definitive answer!

Not only is dnewman well versed on all manner of quality gear, but he is certainly one of the World's Leading Authorities on Hideousness!

I know of only one person who may surpass Dave's ability, to not only define, but actually utilize the aesthetic of ugliness, however he shall remain anonymous.
:D

Best Regards,
TerryO

example of the aesthetic appeal. If it had a glob of bondo on it, it would be perfect.

22-12-2008-dn9848e-front.jpg

Dave,

I was pretty excited when the picture came up from your posting, then I noticed that A CUP, B CUP, C CUP and D CUP (Oh Yeah!)... were actually A CLIP, B CLIP, etc.

What a dirty trick to play on these old eyes! :thumbsdn:

Disgusted in Seattle,
TerryO

This reminds me of a consumer show I saw on Dutch TV years ago. A young guy and his souped-up car with 10,000 Watt stereo were in the studio. The guy was subjected to a hearing test which revealed that listening to overly loud music had robbed him of his hearing in quite a few frequencies... he looked at the graphs and thanked the female host with the words: "Cool, now I know which knobs on my equalizer I have to push up". :D

I have an equalizer. I use it to make old cassettes recorded ages ago sound bearable (I don't own the original LPs anymore, sigh...) and to tone down some irritatingly aggressive CDs -mostly from the early days when some labels made everything sound 'CD', with exaggerated bass and treble. Mostly, it just sits there looking interesting with the switch set to 'defeat'.

With the color scheme on most Klark Teknik products, it's not old age causing the vision problems, it's the looks. I never noticed the words on the front. :)

Hail fellow RUSH fan! I almost exclusively listen to ROIOs (recordings of indeterminate origin, you know bootlegs) and many of them benefit from my SAE 180 parametric equallizer. I have already adjusted the speaker placement (critical!) and done some room treatments using professional recordings as reference but ROIOs often need some help. Who cares what others think? It's you that's listening. Just twist the knobs 'till it sounds best to you and ENJOY the music!

I would vote for the Acoustic Research Model 3 EQ. Not cheap, a high end unit, but I have found that the introduction of my DAC has made my reliance on EQ's less important.

Hello, my name is Stephen and I own a Graphic Equalizer....:D

Hi Stephen!:)

Just from my experience with some limited studio work and my stuff at home, as long as you keep a EQ within the +- 3dB ranges the phase problems don't really show up or they are fairly minor.

Just my 2¢

Back
Top Bottom