Equipment Acquisitions Influenced By AK Membership

Yeah,
A lot of talking for sure Dan. Really enjoy sharing stories. Too bad the visit was short. Hearing 500 wpc into to 250 Ti's was a real experience! Had to have a tooth filling reset cause the bass response under the 500 wpc influence. Ha ha.
Yep, that has often been my experience, as well, when enthusiasts get together for a listening session. Either way, it was always fun.
I find with most people who come over the conversation is short on gear and long on music and record titles.

Mt latest aquisition a pair of EV Aristocrats, only a 5 minute drive away. Without the collective knowledge here on AK, they would not have received any consideration. The after purchase support has been outstanding too.

The most value I've gotten from AK is the links and friendships I've made. I am fortunate to have made great connections in the North Carolina area and out here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I've also found I enjoy helping the guys who don't mind taking the top off old gear and seeing what's inside. Those that really want to learn how it works are always my pals.

Cheers,

David

In reflection most of my transactions at this point involve at least giving audiokarma a look if it's something I'm not familiar with but have an interest in to gauge opinions.

AK's CT Jim swept me back to my early 1970s Dynaco glory days, when he sold me the meticulously upgraded Dyna ST-120 and PAT-4 he lovingly rebuilt. Every time I hear the 120 go "Boing-g-g-g" when I turn it on, I'm flooded with audio nostalgia! :beerchug:

Dave
Wow a memory trigger. It’s exactly what my garage sale find 120 did so long ago.

I never ran into anything that good at a garage sale. Nice find. You still using that amp?
I was a teen, and I had (quite luckily) a fellow hifi buddy of the same age. So we constantly traded our cheaply found gear, and that was one of the things I gave up.
I do still have the Marantz Imperial 5G speakers which I am going to franken deluxe at some point. They’re the only thing I have left of my early hifi hobby days.

Last edited:
I look for equipment reviews here before buying anything new. Used speaker recommendations are also highly regarded.
Lastly I went for the MC452 over the 352 just because of the reviews here.

Back
Top Bottom