Equipment identifier

Farmer-Jake

Hi All, this is my first post here, I recently bought an amp on eBay & whilst picking it up was offered a load off other equipment that was owned by the guys late father in law who was an electrical engineer. Most of it was old stereo receivers & radios etc & the guy said he was clearing out his lock up so was going to chuck it. One item i picked up was the attached, I can't have too much stereo equipment hanging around the house so I'm now wondering what it actually is before I get rid of it?

It looks like a handbuilt prototype or DIY tape mixer. Any ideas?

View attachment 1118569 View attachment 1118573

Last edited:
Those heatsinks look very much like ILP hybrid power amp modules sold in the late 1970s.

They could be HY2005s or smaller.

Hi All, this is my first post here, I recently bought an amp on eBay & whilst picking it up was offered a load off other equipment that was owned by the guys late father in law who was an electrical engineer. Most of it was old stereo receivers & radios etc & the guy said he was clearing out his lock up so was going to chuck it. One item i picked up was the attached, I've listed it on eBay as I can't have too much stereo equipment hanging around the house & its already had a fair bit of interest so I'm now wondering what it actually is?

It looks like a handbuilt prototype or DIY tape mixer. Any ideas?

View attachment 1118569 View attachment 1118573

I saw this on ebay, can you take some pics with the covers off?

Hi All, thanks for replies. It was just curiosity really & to check i'd got the listing correct. I'll see if I get time to take the covers off but I'm not that technical so wouldn't want to damage anything.

Back
Top Bottom