Escient Equipment??

jeffjeremy

:banana:
Fireball MP-200 digital receiver, pickup off fleebay $25.00 delivered...
I know its older tech, limited to window 2000/vista compatibility, I believe this is a media control unit only. They apparently offered a whole slew of digital media components. I. E. (Music/media servers) Any clarity on continued usefulness of this stuff or just some basic explanation of these separate component types would be appreciated. Checked out the web site but still completely confused as to the continued viability as a digital music player/manager system thru inexpensive older equipment! Not striving for Hi-res necessarily. But maybe a little better than MP-3/Internet radio...

Fireball MP-200 digital receiver Highlights:
Requires FireBall digital music server or PC Fireball software
• plays DVDs and CDs from a connected FireBall DVD-552 or DVD/SACD player
• supports streaming MP3, WMA and FLAC audio files customizable playlists and menu skins
• plays WMA and Shoutcast Internet Radio stations web interface for remote control and music streaming
• PDA interface for remote control with any pocket-sized web-enabled device
• Menus require TV or other video display device
• Ethernet port for connection to wired computer network compatible with Roku and Sonos™ digital music systems

Attachments

• Escient FB MP200 QS.pdf
    586 KB · Views: 3
"Quote Escient MP-200 is this a Player that would be connected to a LAN media server or PC server thru Cat5 cable then analog/digital fed signals directly to my Preamp/receiver??"

*BUMP*

Nobody cares to share a knowledgeable understanding of; how this particular older component Escient MP200 & an older Vista PC/LAN Server for CD ripping/storage, internet radio or MP3, is or is not a viable music xfer option using the MP200 as the HiFi link to analog home audio system?

Digital noob confused!

Back
Top Bottom