Estate Sale Tester

danrclem

I didn't really know where post this so I brought it here. To make it official I'll ask what is this worth?

I bought it at an estate sale and it appears to be for testing motor windings but if anybody thinks different let me know. I'm guessing that it's home brew but I know it's gotta be old with the screw in fuse. My first thought was to use the volt and amp gauges with my variac. If I do I'll probably make a smaller housing to take up less room. Any other ideas as to what I can do with it.

IMG_1051.JPG

Is that an eye tube? Interesting.

If you're going to use the meters elsewhere, it seems like about every part is worthy of keeping in the parts bins. Except whatever ancient caps are behind those MFD switches. :biggrin:

No, it is a screw in fuse.

It might be interesting to mount it (unconnected) to the variac just for looks. One could even light it up with an LED. I like jewel power indicated and would include it in the project.

The parts that caught my eye was the Triplett meters but they're not worth as much as I thought they would be. The voltage meter goes up to 150v and amp meter goes up to 25 amps.

If that was a main meter for a Triplett tube tester it might be worth more to someone trying to fix one, but it's not that hard to find vintage voltage and amp meters I guess. Still a great find and will save you some bucks on your variac project.

I've got a Triplett 3444a but I don't think the meters are the same as these. I think these meters are readily available.

No, it is a screw in fuse.

It might be interesting to mount it (unconnected) to the variac just for looks. One could even light it up with an LED. I like jewel power indicated and would include it in the project.

Good idea. I may have to try that.

Back
Top Bottom