EV speakers

proceed with caution

A couple things. I have one larger EV from a similiar era, I got no bids on it on ebay.
they are farily heavy speakers so shipping might be pricey, unless you can pick up

Buyer has 0 feedback so no reputation..

If I came across them at a thrift store for 20 bucks I'd grab them if they worked.

Will I be bidding on these...nope.

Krimney,

These are not far from me so I can pick them up and maybe even call the guy and see them first. So little risk.

Thanks for the reply.

???????

It is your ears that either like or dislike them. . .Any speaker is only as good as "YOU" think it is. . . .

Jo

Pass on these. First off they are not that rare if they are what I think they are. Second without knowing whats inside i wouldnt touch em with a 10 foot poll. They used a pretty crappy drivers and sound well pretty crappy at best. If you looking for a good little speaker I recomend EPI 100's or 90's or even Small advents among many other good proven vintage speakers out there.

Grumpy

Grumpy hit it on the head. I have a couple pair of E-V's around here. One pair is humongous, and I use them in my garage. The other is a pair of E-V 7's, that a babe gave me used about 28 years ago. They sound fairly unremarkable.

The Electro-Voice Patrician would be worth chasing after, but those ain't no Patrician's.

He's also right on about the EPI 100's, as I have a pair right here in-house, THAT HE PROVIDED ME WOOFERS FOR! Actually, I had two pair, and gave one pair away. Nice speakers.

Toasted Almond

Yeah, I'll have to agree with the other folks here, that's just too much of a question mark whether those are really worth anything... I wouldn't be inclined to bid.

When I first saw "small EV", I was hoping it might be a pair of the late-70s Interface As. THAT would be worth bidding on- 8" woofer, 12" passive radiator, and front-and-back mounted tweeters. EXTREMELY impressive bass, out of a TINY cabinet for that time (goes down to nearly 30 Hz, out of a cabinet about 20 inches tall, 14 inches wide and 7 inches deep!)... but alas, this definitely is NOT one of those... :(

Regards,
Gordon.

Thanks guys, kind of what I thought too, just a gut feeling. Plus, I noticed that there were no pics with the grills off.

So, other than the Patricians and Interface that were mentioned, what EVs are woth looking for? Or, is EV just known mostly for PA systems?

Luckily, I already have a pair of EPI 100s.

P.S. 10 hrs. left and still no bids.

Jo

There are more good EV speakers then bad. Those just happen to be bottom of the barrel EV's. If you were to run across an Arostrocrat, Regency, Baronet or any one of their older Corner cab configurations BUY IT ! Good luck on the hunt.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom