EV Tapco elect. xover, what did I get?

Pete,
It looks like the knob with the big numbers on each side is the level (Hz) you cross at and the other is a level (volume) control. Push the center button and both sides are joined and you have 2 crossover levels. So if you want to use these on your Utahs which are 3 ways it will take both pieces for the 2 speakers.
Go with 2 way speakers and you can run 4 speakers.
With the level controls you can control the volume so you could go from a CD player to the active crossovers directly to power amps and on to your speakers leaving out a preamp.
You are now set to bi or tri amp your speakers. You might have to buy XLR to RCA adapters for your interconnects I would imagine at a guitar store.

Neat. Yeah, some of the discussions around here previously really got me to thinkin' 'bout electronic xovers.
I have many drivers here looking for projects, and I thought the e-xover would be a great way to physically determine xovers?
Then this auction was for a pair!
About the only ones I was really aware of before were the Rane, but I just thought to myself, EV's gotta be OK.

thanks,
pete

The crossovers arrived yesterday, I picked them up at the postal station this morning.
There is even the OM!! I should be able to figure them out.
Now I should really get on with some speaker system project or two.
I really would like to get these lovely big Pioneer 15's from the CS-99 into a box.

pete

then you made out like a bandit...they retailed for $485 each and have a used retail value of $181 each. I wonder how this x-over compares with the Dahlquist LP-1?

Mike

Far out. I had no idea.
Included were the OM, registration/warranty card receipt, and the stiff paper advertising sheet (remember when stereo shops had those? I don't see them at BB/CC).
It uses 18dB/octave "maximally flat" Butterworth filters.

pete

Back
Top Bottom