Ever displayed your vinyl like this?

This is a showpiece.

tumblr_m8cc4nqtxm1r4a47uo1_500.jpg

I just meant that I buy mine to listen to. The fact that some albums have beautiful cover art is merely a happy accident.

I just meant that I buy mine to listen to. The fact that some albums have beautiful cover art is merely a happy accident.

Yes but the art (cover) itself is no accident. Back before CD's,when LP's were the king music artists and record companies put lots of thought and effort into the cover. It is art and deserves to be treated as such. Anyway, not trying to bust your chops or anything, to each his/her own.

I don't 'display my vinyl'...they are recordings, not showpieces.

I have no choice but to side with the above, my collection (ca.1959 to present) has never been out of my possesion, even to the point of causing the occasional riff in the past between friends asking to "borrow" to copy, and all have survived numerous moves encompassing 3 corners of the lower 48. My listening area humbly displays a repro issue of the Woodstock music festival as well as a repro of the 1977 Lynrd Skynrd Winter Tour.

Yep

My journey started about 2 years ago. I couldn't find any posters that I wanted and the ones I did find were way to much money, in my opinion. Then I thought, album covers are works of art. Even if they are simple, they are like an archive to your childhood. I'm a child of the 80's so as you can see, that reflects on my wall. I have albums on all 4 walls. I use thumb tacks to hold them up, that way they are easy to pull down and listen to and don't have to "stick" anything to the covers. Keep in mind, they are resting on the thumb tacks, I'm not pushing the thumb tacks through the album covers. My first big purchase was the Van Halen / DLR collection. This, in turn, has turned into a full blown vinyl addiction. I have purchased around 100 albums since then. The only reason it's only around 100 is because I'm basically just hitting Goodwill stores for stuff I like. Can't beat $1 a record. :guitar:

Attachments

• P6070221.jpg
    P6070221.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 57
  • P6070224.jpg
    P6070224.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 40
Oh, this thread reminds me. Rather than individual albums, I thought it would be neat to print a poster of many covers. I got the idea from opening a directory on my computer that only contained the jpegs of itunes song album covers. When you open windows explorer in thumbnail view its like a giant collage.

Lots of famous artists works were used on album covers, Molly Hatchet used some beautiful Frank Frazetta artwork album covers, that I used to hang on my walls.

Attachments

• mollyh.jpg
    mollyh.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom