Every good collection deserves the two Franks

Montycat

Staff member
Subscriber
A friend/coworker gave me 2 boxes of records today, passed on from her recently departed dad. I'm going to share some with other colleagues.

This is just the fraction I brought inside but reflects the variety. There are a bunch that don't interest me at all but still lots in the back of the car that do.

20181217_202536.jpg 20181217_202519.jpg

Yeah nothing wrong with a bit of variety. :thumbsup:

I was once in one of those small record stores and bought a copy Alchemist's best songs (very heavy prog metal) and the boppy Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark - Pacific Age.

"Never thought I'd see those two being bought together.", was the comment by the store owner.

Here's another Frank who's in my collection. Black Francis from the Pixies, and I'd comfortably play him back to back with some Mr Sinatra or Zappa.

black-francis-5.jpg

... and Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws, too! A very good album from a superb artist (the other Broooooooooooooooooce!) :)

There were at least 2 other Bruce albums too. I gave one away already and I'm not sure if I will keep Dragon's Jaws; I already have a half speed master of it, plus a dozen or so other albums of his.

Here are a few more that are so far on the keeper pile. I have Court and Spark, Low Spark and Sketches of Spain already but these look like better copies.

Jerry Harris is sealed and the Jam Sessions is part of a "play along and learn how to do jazz" series of which there are several here. They might be kind of fun.

At least one from Ella will be regifted. The Ellen McIlwaine is autographed.

20181218_230625.jpg 20181218_230954.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom