Everyday Watch

Overall, I'd suggest Seiko or Orient. Same parent company. Both have many good deals in many styles.

Other than a couple vintage watches, I wear a Seiko or Orient pretty much every day.

Today is this Orient Defender. Sort of their take on a field type watch.

index.php

Last edited:
I have a vintage Vostok submarine service watch that is a manual wind watch and it keeps outstanding time as long as you remember to wind everyday.Last but not least a mid eighties Caravelle by Bulova though it doesn't have the correct band anymore.Its down right small compared to the Invicta which is a large heavy watch.Ive gotten tons of compliments from all ages on the Invicta Pro Diver.I got the Invicta on Amazon Days and it was some 70 to 80 percent off ,it came in at around 70 bucks.
41230857875_ab5d5e4b0c_c.jpg
One thing ive learnt over the years is to have a tin flim of plastic on the back of the watch or for some reason my body will kill a new battery in a month or so.Weird.
45143261065_5c50546a86_c.jpg

Last edited:
The size of the watch strap... I know... but I do not care much about it... ;)

View attachment 1339169

That will work!

--

2 Seikos with day & date here too - one battery and one solar. Been wearing the same exact style watch since 1980. Heavy duty too, great work watches. Never let me down, ever.

And good enough to professionally 'shoot stars' with too... so it works. It's hard to beat a regular Seiko, battery, with day & date.

Last edited:
This is my ratty old bulletproof ''not at work'' watch:

DSCF2765.JPG

And this is my el-cheapo ''at work watch'':

s-l640.jpg

Last night I ordered a pre-63 serviced Timex Marlin on eBay. This will be my fourth mechanical watch. I need to stop.

That will work!
--

2 Seikos with day & date here too - one battery and one solar. Been wearing the same exact style watch since 1980. Heavy duty too, great work watches. Never let me down, ever.

And good enough to professionally 'shoot stars' with too... so it works. It's hard to beat a regular Seiko, battery, with day & date.
My brand new Seiko circa 1979 was stolen at work.I was devastated.It was a fair size purchase in 1979 for a steelworker who was feeding a habit of beer and hotties,lol.

I prefer mechanical watches. I hate changing batteries but they are expensive so the ones I have I only wear on weekends and such. My everyday watch is a Tissot Sea Star. I bought it about 15 years ago and it's been great to me, Other changing the batteries. The nice thing I lke about it is nobody else has one and most never heard of Tissot so it's different.I recommend it highly.

Back
Top Bottom