Evidence of the vinyl craze decline....again.

Vinyl records seem to be still selling strong and prices are going up. It's getting harder to find really good quality used records too.

CDs are cheaper, either used our new. I find that current recordings on CD sound great. I started buying them again.

I like both, I just want a well recorded source.

Vinyl records seem to be still selling strong and prices are going up. It's getting harder to find really good quality used records too.

CDs are cheaper, either used our new. I find that current recordings on CD sound great. I started buying them again.

I like both, I just want a well recorded source.
Picked up 3 CD today for $1 each. Poco from 1989,, Acoustic Alchemy 1983,, Rick Wakeman 1999. Looking forward to hearing them but I gotta leave the vinyl alone.

That's too bad....

It's just a different medium of sound, I'm recording chrome cassette tapes for the car from a killer system. Although for some people turntables are difficult to use and get a quality sound.

Keep patronizing your LRS!
It pays off eventually as I learned again today..
Finding theseJBLs for a few quid.
everythiubng I;ve payed so far sounds Fantastic on them..
jbl dorian 2.jpg

In what world does this have anything to do with this thread? :idea:

I believe LRS = Local Record Store, and by going to them, you help the record industry and have the chance of scoring equipment as well if your local record store happens to carry used equipment.

(Edit: added below for added clarity)
This thread is about the possible decline of vinyl, which would jeopardize record stores, and thus a source of equipment.

That is the only logical thread I can see to tie the comment to this discussion.

As for sterile I don't hear it from the original analog that's been digitized at home here.. What I do often hear is music that is more dynamic than the CD version (on the few that I have both) and have to think there is more to vinyl than just the analog sound , because when I listen to ripped vinyl it sounds very good, perhaps even better than when I listen to it analog with the TT because when I digitize vinyl I also clean up pops and crackle.

My reason for asking about people who are ripping vinyl, if they really are selling it again at flee markets, online or just dropping it off at a Good will, they are essentialy putting it back in circulation again and if enough people are doing this then it could have effects on the market for vinyl.

I'm Experiencing the same thing. My ripped FLAC's of my vinyl sound amazing to me. I have 1 IKEA unit the 4x2 one that holds my 400 or so LP's. I'm always searching for better copies or ones I want but I do not get rid of the ones that are special to me or ones that are mastered well and are reference material to play for friends and family that visit. The overflow goes to goodwill.:beatnik:

I believe LRS = Local Record Store, and by going to them, you help the record industry and have the chance of scoring equipment as well if your local record store happens to carry used equipment.

(Edit: added below for added clarity)
This thread is about the possible decline of vinyl, which would jeopardize record stores, and thus a source of equipment.

That is the only logical thread I can see to tie the comment to this discussion.

Okay, I see it now. :)

I'm Experiencing the same thing. My ripped FLAC's of my vinyl sound amazing to me. .:beatnik:
Not too surprised. I just bought used some CD's and played one yesterday after listening to vinyl for a few weeks. I noticed on the CD what I will call a "overemphasis" on parts like some drums and others that just do not sound natural. It is, or must be something the audio tech/mixer causes.

I'm with those who say it's a trend. Pink Floyd records next to a Crosley portable turntable at Linens n' things?

Who is seriously buying this? Any record collector already has all the pink Floyd he'd ever need, and sure wouldn't play it on a Crosley.

I think I preferred the last 'revival' where every kid who wanted to be a DJ bought two numarks and a mixer.

As for actual record collectors, I've noticed a trend towards way better availibility of vinyl, but it's still definitely a niche market.

Anyone who complains about being able to find used records though should try my new hobby... 16mm movie collecting. Way harder to find stuff, but really rewarding.

I'm with those who say it's a trend. Pink Floyd records next to a Crosley portable turntable at Linens n' things?

Who is seriously buying this? Any record collector already has all the pink Floyd he'd ever need, and sure wouldn't play it on a Crosley.

I think I preferred the last 'revival' where every kid who wanted to be a DJ bought two numarks and a mixer.

As for actual record collectors, I've noticed a trend towards way better availibility of vinyl, but it's still definitely a niche market.

Anyone who complains about being able to find used records though should try my new hobby... 16mm movie collecting. Way harder to find stuff, but really rewarding.

You may find the long lost film of the path of the magic bullet or Maryland Monroe skin flic.

That's too bad....

It's just a different medium of sound, I'm recording chrome cassette tapes for the car from a killer system. Although for some people turntables are difficult to use and get a quality sound.

Nah, just need a few years of upgrades and setup to get sounding just.... right....

If anyone would like to hear any of my samples message me. I'm pretty happy with them :)

Back
Top Bottom