1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Exclusive M-3 service manual wanted

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Amplifierz, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Amplifierz

Amplifierz New Member

Hi Pioneer freaks. Normally i don't lurk in these corners of the forum.. but! A good friend recently bought a nice Exclusive M-3 power amplifier. After a short test run on his JBL L212 loudspeakers we went to open it up to check out the insides. Just as i expected a few capacitors were bloated and some already spit their guts out. So i believe a recap is in order!
    But on my usual resource site i couldn't find the service manual for the M-3.
    I hope that one of you guys can help me out here!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. slimecity

slimecity Super Member

This looks like a great amp. The scheamtic (but not the servcie manual) is here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/exclusive-m3.shtml

By "some already spit their guts out" - ensure you arent confusing any factory glue (used to seat these caps on the PCB) with any actual ruptured caps. If it is the latter - you shouldnt be running the unit. Actual vented caps will usually vent from the top or bottom and leak an acrid smell in a unit. If they really have split open, you may also find pools of dried electrolyte on the bottom of the amp.

Amplifierz likes this.
  3. Amplifierz

Amplifierz New Member

Thx for your reply Slimecity!
    IT is a really nice amp! Hifiengine is my first choice when searching for a SM. But they didn't have the one for the M-3. That's why i tried my luck here. And appriciate the heads-up on the glue. I'm well familiar without that, i saw it a few times on multiple Yamaha amps. Some caps really did puke! We don't use it since we discovered the bad capacitors. Compiling a caps list as we speak.

slimecity likes this.