External antenna question...

Kuch73

Looking to mount a Winegard 6010 on the peak of the roof and have a few ground questions. First, I know I should ground it and already bought some 8ga solid copper, a ground block for the coax, and some sealant for the connections. Can I run one ground for both the mast and the coax down through the ground block to the ground rod, or do I have to run two separate grounds? Also, I know this is for lightning protection, but to keep the connections from the elements, can I run them into the crawl space with the ground and back out, or leave everything outside? Thanks

IMHO one ground should suffice. Don't think the crawl space is a good idea...outside is probably better.

NEC only requires a single ground for both the mast and the coaxial cable, but it does require that the ground be bounded to the AC power ground.

Some people do not to bond to the AC power ground, but it does violate the NEC requirements and if you have lighting or power related insurance claim, the insurance company may take a dim view of your grounding arrangement.

Correct and proper grounding is an issue of safety.

Attachments

• NEC GROUNDING 4.JPG
    NEC GROUNDING 4.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 36
The ground rod I was going to use is the one used for the main power supply line. Is this all that is required to meet NEC code? Thanks for the replies

Back
Top Bottom