F-2624 Review

So it's out of protection? I see you're measuring offset at the speaker terminals. Volume at minimum? Careful with that outer heatsink off, those transistor cases are easy to bridge to ground maybe through you.

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's a measurement issue because it's having little influence on the bias in the vid. Try swapping the meters around see if it's the same. I've got to go out for an hour or so. Back later..

If this issue is present on both channels there may be a flaky ground in the speaker system or a flaky speaker switch. Try exercising it a few times..

If, by settled down, you mean it's drifting up and down around zero by a couple of millivolts then that's fine; just means you need to clean the speaker switch contacts. If it's drifting more than that (or jumping) start looking for poor connections - pin header, relay contacts, pcb edge connector etc...

It's the weekend time for Joe's latest report. So with one DVM connected to the speaker "B" terminal and the other DVM set for mA and inline across the fuse holder, fuse removed. Unit comes out of protection mode and I can set both channels for voltage and current. Remove the DVM insert fuses and the unit will not come out of protection mode.

The system is in protection mode and on the DBT. I took the following readings:

The +50V can be checked at either of the F04 and F05 fuseholders. 32.5vdc
The -50V can be checked at terminal 17 or 21/22. -32.5vdc

The +53V can be checked at the junction of R04 and C07. 31.5 vdc
The -55v can be checked at the junction of R05 and C08. -33 vdc

I switched to my new 2624 broad.The system is out of protection mode and on the DBT. I took the following readings:

The +50V can be checked at either of the F04 and F05 fuseholders. 43vdc
The -50V can be checked at terminal 17 or 21/22. -43vdc

The +53V can be checked at the junction of R04 and C07. 43 vdc
The -55v can be checked at the junction of R05 and C08. -44 vdc

Back
Top Bottom