Faceplate Removal - 2252B

dawgfan

After pulling the Treble knobs off, there is a brass colored "ring" that must be removed prior to removing the faceplate. Is there a particular method or tool required? I'd like to take off the faceplate for evaluating a bent corner.

probably a 9/16 socket would work to remove the nut dawgfan. I just removed the faceplate on my Marantz 18 and that's what the service manual called for. I didn't have one handy so I was extremely careful and used a pair of slipjoint pliers(be very careful as 1 slip and theres goes a bigg scratch on your faceplate!).

Here's the thing:

treblelock.jpg

we do have a variety of tube-wrenches at work that are made for just that type of job dawgfan. If you don't have mini needle-nose pliers, you could probably use a 1/16" punch and tap the end of it with a small hammer to loosen that nut. That is if it is a nut. :scratch2:

There IS a special tool for driving those onto the pot, but I used a small screwdriver, and a small wood block, as a mallet. Not for the faint of heart, or unsteady of hand, for the same reasons as bolly mentioned, but you can drive the nut off, by placing the tip of the SMALL screwdriver blade into the slot, and tapping gently, driving the nut counterclockwise, being careful to avoid losing your purchase in the slot. Once you have loosened the nut sufficiently, you can remove it, by hand.

a flat screwdriver (or two) that fits in one (or two) of the slots should do the job, once you loosened the nut, you can unfasten it with your fingers.
But be carefull, if you slip with the screwdrivers, not to scratch the faceplate!

Helmut

Being the patient type I would stick some vinyl electrical tape next to the slot I planned on putting the screwdriver into. I usually put the screwdriver ito the slot at a 45 degree angle and use it like a lever.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom