Fairchild Pre Amp and Amp

It may not have a name plate since the man who gave it to me was a Fairchild Engineer. Who knows it may have been a proto type or experimentaI. I cant ask now. I have had it and the pre amps for over 30 years now.

I got the 255 amps one MIA now and the 285 Pre-Amp from My Friends Father, I believe he was an Engineer for a time at Fairchild! His name was Norman J Anderson a very smart audio engineer. I will post some of his patents soon. I can't give out all my A material on the first day on the board.
Wow!!that is amazing news.there was a member here on audiokarma that was apparently shermans grandson but got banned for some reason and since its taboo to ask why a member gets banned i never figured it out.
Im looking forward to your posts on the fairchild stuff but also in the ressurection of your fairchild gear.could you post a picture of your preamp when you get a chance?also if you dont mind id love a picture of the bottom knob on the 247 showing all the writing on it as the one i have is missing and i want to get somone to make me one.

It may not have a name plate since the man who gave it to me was a Fairchild Engineer. Who knows it may have been a proto type or experimentaI. I cant ask now. I have had it and the pre amps for over 30 years now.
Is there a serial number on it?

At least some 255s and 255As had the full-width Raymond Lowey nameplate rather than the small black rectangle pictured earlier in the thread. Not my photo, linked from the Web for reference.

image31.jpg

At least some 255s and 255As had the full-width Raymond Lowey nameplate rather than the small black rectangle pictured earlier in the thread. Not my photo, linked from the Web for reference.

image31.jpg
All of them did sam.the only amp that came with small black tag was the very early 260 amplifiers .they then switched to the raymond lowey designed foil which they used on the 255,255a,260 and the 275.the 245 /248 was also a raymond lowey design.fairchild wanted to get away from the industrial look for their home hifi equiptment and hired raymond lowey.

IMG_1381.JPG I will take some more tomorrow of the rear end. not sure if the resolution is good enough to see what yo want. I will post a better one tomorrow.

Fwiw hers a picture of one of my fairchild 260 amplifiers ontop of my 248.as you can see my knob on the bottom right is not correct also.DSC_0842 (1).jpg fairchild260 (1).jpg

I have a picture somewhere of the correct knob with the writing on it but not all of it and when i find it ill post it .

By the look at the tape on yours it should be loudness flat stereo on the left and loudness flat monual on the right.

Back
Top Bottom