Fake Italian foods:an italian tell you the truth

hifi_shock

do you like italian foods?do you think that what you buy is a real italian typical product?No,I tell you that the 75% of "italian" foods that you can find in every shop outside Italy is a fake..:thumbsdn:

Let's start with the most famous italian cheese:the Parmesan.
The Parmesan??????In Italy we don't have the parmesan,when you see the parmesan it's a FORGERY!!!:thumbsdn:The real italian cheese is the "Parmigiano Reggiano",or the "Grana Padano",we never translate the name of our products!.And we have more than 800 different cheese in Italy,but the Parmigiano is the most famous

wa-parmesan.jpg

THIS IS THE REAL ITALIAN CHEESE ,and the name is fire marked:
parmigiano2.jpg

and this is the Grana Padano:
Grana-Padano-ad-identit%C3%A0-golose.jpg

this is a box with alla fake italian foods:
51527.jpg

and the fake foods are realy a lot.Tell me what you buy,and I'll tell you if it's a fake.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE REAL ITALIAN FOODS:
in the rear of every package you can find written the place where that product was produced.We don't make our products outside Italy.

THE ITALIAN RESTAURANTS AND PIZZAS

do you think that whan you eat in an "italian" restaurant you are eating real italian recipes,or that we eat pizza with macaroni?In the whole italy you can't find a restaurant that give you pasta as a side dish,or a pizza with macaroni above.And this is only one problem...

and I can say a lot more on fake italian foods and restaurants outside Italy.
the 75% of "italian" foods that you can find in every shop outside Italy is a fake.

Last edited:

This one has the state of Wisconsin logo right on it.No forgery there.
No need to get excited....most people are aware that the food you get outside of Italy is not genuine Italian cuisine.
The same with Mexican........Dell Taco,Taco bell,Chi-Chi's etc are about as Mexican as Doritos.

Last edited:
This one has the state of Wisconsin logo right on it.
whe you find written Parmesan is ALWAYS a fake.In Italy nobody knows and sells the Parmesan,but everybody sells Parmigiano Reggiano.We don't translate our names and brands whe we export our products

Here is another shock for you.
The "Mexican" food we is not what they eat in Mexico. Nor is the "Chinese" food we eat what they eat in China.The "Fortune" cookies that come after it are another invention for the American market. I am sure there other examples as well.

These kinds of things are about marketing and saving a dime here and there in the making of the food rather than what I guess you could call cultural culinary accuracy.

I give it a 2 on originality, 3 on patriotism but the overall rant kind of falls flat unless you count the screaming and then it gets a 7. :smoke:

And Snooki isn't really Italian either!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 220px-Snooki_in_Chicago_adj.jpg
    220px-Snooki_in_Chicago_adj.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 353
I've been told by pretentious foodies that "real" pizza in Italy doesn't have nearly so much cheese and meat as pizza made here in America. Well of course, that's one reason Italians emigrated to The United States, to escape poverty and be able to afford to put more meat and cheese in their meals.

In any event this recent obsession among the bourgeois with "authenticity" in their chow is probably a reaction to less authenticity in day to day life.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE REAL ITALIAN FOODS:
in the rear of every package you can find written the place where that product was produced.

No kidding....

But this is typical of many ways cultures have strayed from their roots as many things have evolved or changed from what they initially were, often due in response to products created to satisfy the wants of the mass market here. Stephen J. nails it with the Mexican reference as a second example.

Here's another shocker, we may speak "English" here, but it's not the way they talk back over in Merry Olde England. Ditto "Spanish" the Latinos speak here and what is spoken in Spain.

BTW, "Wisantigo" Italian cheese??? As a former Wisconsinite, that's hilarious. I'll have to make the Little Italy section of beautiful Antigo, WI, a priority on my next visit home...:lmao:

The "Fortune" cookies that come after it are another invention for the American market.
there's a huge difference:we have not invented the Parmesan for the american market.The other markets has created the Parmesan to abuse of the italian image and make money.This is called unfair competition.And of course the fake products have a completely different taste.
As example:in 2013 the chinese industry wants to use the Ipad fame to make money,so create the Ifad,a copy with the same appearance,and with a name with only one letter changed,but that remembers in everyone the original Ipad.So they will produce a huge amount of this products to cover the 75% of world market,it will be selled in the big eletronics shop with big visibility,as you can find the italian food section in many supermarkets.Do you think that the Apple will be happy of this?And the the Ifad is the same thing of Ipad?Many will think that the quality of Ifad is the same of the Ipad,and so will never buy the real one,and so the Apple sells muche less that it can do,because of the unfair competition.

there's a huge difference:we have not invented the Parmesan for the american market.The other markets has created the Parmesan to abuse of the italian image and make money.This is called unfair competition.And of course the fake products have a completely different taste.

Nothing at all unfair about creating modestly priced items as alternatives. And markets don't create products, they demand them. Smart business people find these wants, satisfy them, and make money. That's the way it works.

Kraft Parmesan is about as close to your real Parmigiano as their Velveeta is to a mild Cheddar or Colby, but to millions of Americans, that's Parmesan and that's what they want.

And at a fraction of the price of the real deal....

There was just a legal tussle between Greece and the Netherlands over Holland's appropriation of the name "feta" for cheese it was producing.

I've been told by pretentious foodies that "real" pizza in Italy doesn't have nearly so much cheese and meat as pizza made here in America. Well of course, that's one reason Italians emigrated to The United States, to escape poverty and be able to afford to put more meat and cheese in their meals.

In any event this recent obsession among the bourgeois with "authenticity" in their chow is probably a reaction to less authenticity in day to day life.
the real difference in quality of a good pizza is not the amount of food that you put above,but the taste of a good pizza is given by:
1)the quality of the kneading
2)the quality of the ingredients
3)how is cooked(in a wood-burnig oven or electric oven)

a good pizza is very tasteful also with only the bread with a good olive oil above.If the knead is not good you can put a huge amount of ingredients above,and you'll obtain only a fat food,not good pizza.And pizza with meat surely is unfindable here in italy,because is an american recipe:D

this is how a real pizza should appear:

pizza-margherita-cottura.jpg

. . . what about Chef Boy-ar-dee?!? . . . is he fake too? . . . all these years, all those cans! . . . so many lies!!! . . .

this is how a real pizza should appear:

pizza-margherita-cottura.jpg

Yep, that looks delicious. :thmbsp:

Unfortunately, too many folks these days think this is pizza...

Little Caesar's $5 Hot and Now cardiac arrest in a box...

But that's what they want, or will pay for, so that's what they gets. Voting with their dollars and all...

hot-n-ready-2.jpg

Kraft Parmesan is about as close to your real Parmigiano as their Velveeta is to a mild Cheddar or Colby, but to millions of Americans, that's Parmesan and that's what they want.

And at a fraction of the price of the real deal....

have you ever tried the parmigiano?

that's the real problem:apart the price,if somebody has never eated the real thing,how can say that the copy is good?
The secret of the taste of the Parmigiano is that is a totally biological food,and above all the secret is the climate of where is created,the climate of a italian region called Emilia Romagna.If somebody want to produce it in another place in italy it will never have the same taste.So is impossible that the Parmesan can have a similar taste,also in italy we can't copy it's taste,let's image to try to do it in usa or in france,or in uk where you find a totally different climate!:nono::D

for the price:in Italy Parmigiano costs 20-25euro/kg , the Grana Padano 10-15euro/kg

Last edited:
have you ever tried the parmigiano?

We sell several varieties at Costco, shredded and block, and all imported. And our prices are much higher that the Kraft tube over in the Foods aisle.

I've tried it, and it's good, but I don't know if I'd be swapping it out over the Kraft as I'm probably sprinkling it on Ragu...:lmao:

Segue to spaghetti sauce rant now :D

BTW, "Wisantigo" Italian cheese??? As a former Wisconsinite, that's hilarious. I'll have to make the Little Italy section of beautiful Antigo, WI, a priority on my next visit home...:lmao:
the real problem is not the wisconsin italian cheese,but that you can find many products with an italian sounding brand ad with our flag stamped,that if you don't check where is produced,you think that is a real italian food

this is unfair competition.are all fake
cheese.jpg
gardettos-italian-cheese-blend-11246.jpg
6a00e55029641d88340120a526dc92970b-800wi

In Italy you can't find one only products that use an our historic symbol as a logo,or a name of a Fellini's movie ad a brand for mozzarella.
1313TS_LupaRom.jpg

this is a real italian product,and is not a case the you find the correct name Linguine and not Linguini.When you find written Linguini in ALWAYS a fake.
classic_shrimpScampiLinguine.jpg

Last edited:
. . . what about Chef Boy-ar-dee?!? . . . is he fake too? . . . all these years, all those cans! . . . so many lies!!! . . .
is a totally fake.I'm really sorry for you.In italy doesn't exist pasta in the cans

tell me all the brands of italian products that you find in supermarket,and I'll tell you if they are fake or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom