Fall of the Dinosaurs.

Numbers dont lie.Theres only 5 supercars in the world that are faster than the p90 d ludicrous in 0-60 and 1/4 mile time.None from northamerica.The new roadster is even faster at a sub 2 second 0-60.I buy one if finances permitted.Sure would be fun to surprise a few hot cars with your elect sedan,lol.

The model you should be quoting is the P100DL - That's the fastest Tesla right now until the new Roadster comes out.

I really look forward to when they finally drop down within reach of my budget. It will happen!

I have a friend in Florida who found a 2013 Model S for $27,000 - Has 110,000 miles.

I also have a bunch of friends buying up Fiat 500e's, They just recently came off leases and they've been selling like hotcakes. For around $9000

The 500e is a very quick and fun car with 85 to 100 miles of range.

Here's one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Fiat-...ash=item3f8d5f0a1a:g:6KwAAOSws6ZaGc5Y&vxp=mtr

You don't wear out brakes while charging the Tesla (or other electric) either. You do however get some of your power back when you hit the brakes ( or even just decelerate without braking I believe)

Hellcats, Corvettes, and others are great and we really are hitting a high water mark for engine output on these beasts. However it's still a dying technology. It won't be gone tomorrow ..... probably not for for many years. But make no mistake, it's on it's way out.
Probably . They have come a long way with the electric cars for sure .

The model you should be quoting is the P100DL - That's the fastest Tesla right now until the new Roadster comes out.
Actually the list of fastest cars i saw last year was with the p90d .The p100 would be faster im sure.There were 5 cars faster,all supercars ,all very pricey.Top end is limited though.Curious to see what top end would be without the elect throttle applied.I certianly wouldnt kick a hellcat or vette out of my driveway for rumbling ,lol.Me ,personally id rather have a boss mustang if i had to chose a gas muscle car but thats just brand preference nothing against dodge or chev.

Last edited:
When I was growing up, a friend of mine had an electric mini bike. 12 volt battery between the wheels. It had 2 speeds on and off. Top speed was maybe 25 mph. But you were there as soon as you mashed the button. That took a little to get used too. It stayed on the charger.

Well, the latest iteration, Dodge Demon, is an exercise in stupidity. I wonder how many will be wrapped around a pole just after being bought?

A few, probably, but not as many as you might think. Yes, there are lots of idiots with more money than brains, and no driver training, so some will be wrecked, but the majority will be in the hands of collectors. I own one of the original (first 1000) HellCats and looked into a Demon--more hype than real car. Weight savings are achieved by deleting creature comforts (like a back seat and passenger seat as the most prominent), and the HP increase requires an optional ECU chipset that requires fuel beyond what you can buy at the pump--so I'll stick with my HellCat.

Personally id like to see an awd pickup that had a range of say 3 to 400 towing 8 to 10000?

Totally do-able, and it wouldn't surprise me to see a pickup or SUV down the pike soon--after all, Tesla has just introduced and taking orders for its semi-tractor rig--so a high capacity truck is not out of the question by any means.

I am getting so OLD! Electric vehicles just seem weird , to me. But then, I have a '72 Chevy truck and a '68 Beetle. They will both run following that EMP. Of course, then, gas becomes the issue. I guess I could grow some corn and make my own ETOH.

We are entering a new age of automobiles, for sure. I was intrigued by this new hybrid Porsche Panamera, reviewed here by Matt Farah. Obscenely expensive, but the "trickle-down" theory will likely happen in a couple of years.

On a Jay Leno garage episode, he was driving his Stanley Steamer when it started to overheat. He pulled over and had to pour water on the boiler so it would cool down. he said it was a common problem with the cars.

Not sure if the Stanley had them, but with locomotives the "fix" to get around too much heat was to use the water injector to top up the boiler. Cold water in would suck down the pressure. Otherwise it just hits the relief valve. Not really a problem but it wastes water. Also you can just shut off the fire, much easier to do on a Stanley since its a gasoline burner than it would be using coal or wood.

The big danger is letting the water level get too low. If the top of the firebox isn't wet, it can melt through. Once that happens, the pressure in the boiler comes off and all of the water in there flashes to steam. Steam expansion is something like 1500x the volume of water.

Hellcat takes a full charge in less than 2 minutes . ;)

I love the Hellcat, don't get me wrong, but you can only recharge it with the help of a multi billion dollar company refining crude oil into gasoline for you to recharge it with.

Electricity on the other hand, you can create in your own back yard.

I love the Hellcat, don't get me wrong, but you can only recharge it with the help of a multi billion dollar company refining crude oil into gasoline for you to recharge it with.

Electricity on the other hand, you can create in your own back yard.
Your kidding , right ?

Back
Top Bottom