Fan of Polk for life.

I guess it's a matter of taste, syngery or room. I have A9s for about 8 years. I've tried quite a few other speakers and they send them all packing. A steal at the current price. If I could think of something to do with them , I'd buy another pair.:thumbsup:
I also have A3s and monitor 60s.
None sound bad

Just read on a recent thread that Polk has gone outta business and stopped sending out to their dealers.

Sad! The big "C" wins again?:mad:

Q

Polk has always had great customer service. When I learned that some early production SRS 1.2’s still had SRS serial numbers like mine did, I emailed them asking how I could confirm mine were 1.2’s and they responded back very quickly saying to remove one of the mid woofers and see if it was stamped with the 1.2 designation. (It was.) Great people and the speakers will be 30 years old next month!

Wrong. Perhaps re-reading the thread would be in order? It's Boston Acoustics that has been shut down.

DB94, you are right. I stand corrected.

Got it mixed up with another thread, and didn't realize that Polk was under the ownership of "Directed Electronics" that owned BOTH these brands.

Least you didn't thrown in an exclamation mark that would have taken my head off completely. :D

Q

Last edited:
DB64, you are right. I stand corrected.

Got it mixed up with another thread, and didn't realize that Polk was under the ownership of "Directed Electronics" that owned BOTH these brands.

Least you didn't thrown in an exclamation mark that would have taken my head off completely. :D

Q
Sorry Quadman2, I was mourning the demise of a long time favorite audio company of mine. My response shows more feistiness than was really intended.
I hope you didn't take it personally as it was not meant to be personal, although I do agree that it looks like it was and for that I sincerely apologize. :oops:

No offense taken.

Do want to share a couple of thoughts though...off line. Good ones.

Drop me a PM sometime.

Q

Last edited:
I seem to recall there was something called the Boston Sound for speakers. It wasn’t one brand but a sound that originated in the City of Boston, Boston Acoustic’s, Snell etc.

I predict what is going to happen is when I get the Right hand speaker fixed and the phasing checked and corrected on both if needed I am going to decide I like the sound of the 10B’s so why change now.

Back
Top Bottom