Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) like prime rib for a "Harry Potter" fan.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
"Fantastic Beasts and Where You Find Them" (2016) has appeared in Apple TV movies. This is J.K. Rowling's story set in the "Harry Potter" universe but 70 year before in the year 1926. It is the story of the author Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) who arrives in New York City to study the magical creatures found in the city. He meets a young lady Porpetina 'Tina' Goldstein (Katherine Waterston) and through a series of mis-adventures with an aspiring baker Jacob Kowalski (Dan Foglet) who is a "no-maj" (the American name for a muggle) partnered with Tina's sister "Queenie" Goldstein (Alison Sudol) they deal with magical creatures, The dark wizard Grindewald(Johnny Depp), an anti-magic movement, and the wizarding world of New York City. What is so enjoyable about this movie is you get to see so many of the magical creatures mentioned in the Harry Potter books but not seen in the movies. Then there is the outrageous wiizarding "The Blind Pig Speakeasy" . If you are like me a fan of the Harry Potter world this movie is like an greatly missed old friend.

James Newton Howard's soundtrack, recorded at Abby Roads Studio provides a fantastic supporting foundation to the visuals.

Last edited:
I loved this movie and it will be my first 4k DVD purchase. Also would like to point out Collin Farrell is excellent in his role.

I am going to track down this poster.

cf946748d87c67e459886058bcb5f90f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom