Fat sound from Teac

Vintage TX

Analog forever
Have been enjoying this Teac 40-4 for the last month.
Talking about fat rich sound. :yes:
I really like this one. :thmbsp:

40-4 = 3440 ?

Isn't that Teac 40-4 the same as the Teac 3440 multitrack deck?
Except the controls for the 40-4 must have been placed on a separate
outboard unit. :smoke:

They are similar but 3440 has more options, pitch-control, sync-function, 4 mic inputs, headphone jack etc. :)

The 40-4 and 80-8 (1/2" 8-track) were more commercial-level machines with beefier transports. I briefly had an 80-8 but it was too abused to be worth restoring. I'd love to have an 80-8 in excellent condition, they're a fat-sounding analog tape machine. Drums and bass sound huge tracked on 'em....

TP

Sweeettt!!!!

God I love decks!!! Yours is another reason why :yes: Recording Herb Alperts Christmas LP so I can send the record to Averagewhiteman. Put togather a Christmas Cd using my two TEAC's then to a CD. All my non vintage friends have CD :lmao: But hey what are you going to do? Cant tell 'em anything. Nice Deck and oh so sweet!

Eric

B3Nut, the 80-8 was a good model. Also had one couple of years back, but sold it... .. now they seems very rare to find in good condition.

Eric, are you planning for Christmas already ?

I bought the Impedance Roller assembly from the 40-4 and drilled a hole in my Teac 4300 in place of the fixed reverse assembly. A neighbor has a Tascam 38 (8 track 1/2") that needs some work. When I repair it I will compare it to my Teac A-6100 MK II-both at 15ips. The only problem with the 40-4, 80-8 and later 30 series was that if you used the dbx unit it had to be set up perfectly, but that goes for any dbx noise reduction unit. It was not a problem with the Teac or Tascam models. A great looking and sounding machine.

Ron

Christmas Music and Teac Reel to Reel

Vintage TX said:
B3Nut, the 80-8 was a good model. Also had one couple of years back, but sold it... .. now they seems very rare to find in good condition.

Eric, are you planning for Christmas already ?

I like to do a Christmas CD. Its cheaper than a Christmas Card!! :yes: And I can get the record levels better using the 1230. I have forty five minutes so far and the LPs sound super on tape. Will keep the tape for me and put the music on CD for the masses :lmao: and one cassette for a friend who has no CD player :D Has a blast using the TEAC. Will use my big TEAC 7010 as a playback deck when I put the music on CD. God this hobby is fun...

Eric

Love those multichannel TEACs. But I have no more room at the ranch!! ET :cry:

Christmas Music

Can't buy it---but will make you a copy :yes: How would like it? CD, reel to reel. or cassette? No charge :thmbsp: Let me know what format..Eric

Drop me a line

I am off Sunday :yes: Its supposed to be rainy here in the Northeast and will finish my tape. the first 45 minutes sounds really nice on the Teac! Got to find a little more music. Would like to get a least 60 minutes. Will need your address....Eric :D

Vinyl -> Teac 1230 -> CD

Talking about making CDs from R2R tapes, I fished out a Scotch 203 party tape I made from various vinyl in college some 30 years old. Transferred it from my Teac 1230 (the same deck I originally made the tape on) to CDR via a HHB 830 "Professional" burner. Played it for some friends; they were astonished with the sound. When I told them the pedigree of the tunes, they were even more amazed! The cd sound seemed to sound better than the original vinyl!

Back
Top Bottom