Fats Domino - "This is Fats Domino"

Dude111

Analogue is Awesome
I just got this today and its goregous!!!!

On the record cover it says "RECORDED IN STEREOPHONIC SOUND" but it is indeed mono!!

Why would it say this? (When I got it I didnt notice it said this and was kinda upset as mono stuff made stereo usually doesnt sound good)

This is indeed Mono and sounds excellent!!

Anyone else have this??

No, but a few possibilities— a mistake at the pressing plant (wrong album in the wrong cover), or, the cover getting switched at a later date (those things can happen when records change hands).

GJ

Yes I suppose so........ Another friend said it was rechanneled... (Mono recording put on both channels)

I thought thats how mono worked anyway....... I dunno..... (16s and 78s are not re-channeled and you hear that mono recording in both channels)

Its confusing.....

What is the info on the record (date recorded, released, etc.); I'm not familiar with it. I do have the Fats box set. All of those original New Orleans things were mono/78's. So if it is older recordings, then they were done in mono. To go from mono to stereo to mono would be too weird...

GJ

Ahhh ok so it isnt really STEREO then..........

His voice does sound a little off like it was messed with somehow but it still sounds good.....

Thanx for looking that up :)

Back
Top Bottom