Fave Pioneer TT?

Turntable gizmo

In the very early 70's my friend bought a Pioneer outfit. The turntable came with something I never seen since. Don't know what it was called; but it was made of clear plastic about as long as the tone arm, very light in weight with a round piece velvet, about a half inch wide, on the end. The other end was attached to a little stand. The velvet end was placed on the edge of the vinyl opposite of the tone arm as you begin to play the record. As the tone arm worked it's way inward so as :scratch2: this thing with the velvet. Apparently to keep the grooves clear of dust before the needle gets there. This was mad cool to watch. Has anyone seen this or know what's it called?

NewYorkView said:
In the very early 70's my friend bought a Pioneer outfit. The turntable came with something I never seen since. Don't know what it was called; but it was made of clear plastic about as long as the tone arm, very light in weight with a round piece velvet, about a half inch wide, on the end. The other end was attached to a little stand. The velvet end was placed on the edge of the vinyl opposite of the tone arm as you begin to play the record. As the tone arm worked it's way inward so as :scratch2: this thing with the velvet. Apparently to keep the grooves clear of dust before the needle gets there. This was mad cool to watch. Has anyone seen this or know what's it called?

It's a Watt's Dustbug. They come up for sale on eBay regularly.

Look at this PL-590 :no:

Not the first Pioneer uses a "name" more than once :thumbsdn:

Pioneer%20turntable%20model%20PL-590%20003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom