Favorite Bourbon

4 Roses single barrel, Col EH Taylor small batch, Elijah Craig, Blanton's, Evan Williams White BIB, Knob Creek, Eagle Rare, Elmer T Lee, Weller 107, etc.... Too many to list...lol

Last edited:
I want to thank the above posters. This is a "Favorite Bourbon" thread. It had devolved into a "Look what I scored" brag thread.

Thanks for bringing it back to the topic.

Not saying it's better than Booker's, but I have to say that I was floored at how good it really is.

It is interesting that we like and recommend what we like. When discovering a good Bourbon maybe we should give the recommendation and the top four of our favorite Bourbons. For instance, I don't like Booker so I will stay away from Jim Beam Black.

They aren't similar, I don't think. I have a pretty wide variety of tastes. Like for scotch, I can enjoy Macallan, but I also like Ardbeg. Very different flavor profiles.
I used Booker's for an example, as it is generally well regarded, somewhat expensive, and well known.

I'm with tarior on this. I just can't pony up the excess cash for Makers Mark and Woodford Reserve, when I can get a bourbon that tastes as good as Jim Beam Black for 40% less. I love the stuff, and not just cuz its inexpensive.
Cheers.

Dave

I'll have to look around for it I'd love to try it. I'm in Toronto, and we don't get anywhere near the selection that you guys get. Next time I'm south of the 49th, I'll pick up an Old Forester and bring it back.
And your wife sure knows how to choose a gift.

Dave

All that stuff and everything else is so much more expensive up here. And we can't order in any alcohol from out of province, and we pay import duty on anything over $150. And that is only since the recent nafta rehash.
Our import limit has been $20 since 1978. Its really stupid.
Canada and Canadians have a very protectionist attitude, and its self-destructive.
It drives me nuts. I'm not a fan.
But anyway, happy sipping.

Dave

Locally, 3 hours South of Lexington KY, I pay $36 plus local tax for a 1.75l of Old Forester. Not a cheap Bourbon, not really expensive.

Back
Top Bottom