Favorite Bourbon

My son lived in Louisville for a couple of years and we've visited several of the distilleries on the Bourbon trail. Quick tip - All the distilleries require attending a tour before a tasting (you can't just drop in and do a tasting). Of the distilleries we've visited, we've enjoyed these the most - Buffalo Trace, Heaven Hill, and 1792 Barton (all of which are free - most others charge). If you're in Louisville and want to do a convenient tour, the new Old Forester distillery complex on Whiskey Row is worthwhile.

Thank you Sir. I appreciate the advice!

Woodford came highly recommended to me as well, but ultimately I purchased Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare,...yup a bottle of each. :naughty:

No regrets.

9CD8B80A-DDD0-4943-A846-01F23D4C520F.jpeg

Was given this as part of my birthday present. It is a good pour very likened to Elijah Craig in my opinion. Vanilla, leather, hint of cinnamon and apple. It is supposedly mixed with the remaining Stitzel / Weller stocks...not so sure if any of that taste is left. Must be low rye because there was little to no bite.

I had Woodford in hand and saw this and decided to try something different. It's pretty good.

Not sure your bourbon drinking experience.... If you like that, try Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Four Roses single barrel, Elmer T Lee, Bowman Brothers small batch, Evan Williams single barrel as a start....(or you may already know about them :) )

Not sure your bourbon drinking experience.... If you like that, try Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Four Roses single barrel, Elmer T Lee, Bowman Brothers small batch, Evan Williams single barrel as a start....(or you may already know about them :) )

I like Bulleit and Basil Hayden. Maker's Mark and Knob Creek not so much.

Surprisingly, Trader's Joe was pretty good.

image.png

Hope springs eternal that Spring will show up one day and that means the end of brown liquor season for me. I will be moving on to various rums and although some of them are brown, I'm talking about you Mount Gay and Meyer's, I don't count them in the brown liquor catagory. So yesterday was a crappy day weather wise around here, so the wife and I stoked up the fireplace and I poured myself a glass of Four Roses Single Barrel bourbon. Now I am a dedicated "Wheater" when it comes to bourbon but I have to say the quality of the FRSB is outstanding at the price point of $45 per bottle. Highly recommended.
upload_2019-4-29_10-25-9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom