Favorite Bourbon

I have those too but don't really care for them. They don't really cool it down enough, and the act of ice melting releases some flavor by adding water. Plus, I'm always afraid I'll swallow one or forget it isn't ice and break a tooth trying to chew on it.

I find ice from a bag nice enough. The rocks get used more to cool down a brew more then Kentucky Tea.

Barney

I find ice from a bag nice enough. The rocks get used more to cool down a brew more then Kentucky Tea.

Barney

I generally use storebought ice also. Or if I make my own big ice cubes I use distilled water and other tricks so they come out clear.

A lot of times I will drink bourbon out of a Jefferson cup. Throw it in the freezer for a while and it holds the cold for quite some time without the need of ice.
image.gif

I have those too but don't really care for them. They don't really cool it down enough, and the act of ice melting releases some flavor by adding water. Plus, I'm always afraid I'll swallow one or forget it isn't ice and break a tooth trying to chew on it.
Yeah, I passed on these for the same concerns: after 2-3, I might just break a tooth on one. Additionally, I really enjoy the cool dilution magic that occurs with large ice. Drinking an Old Fashioned now with block of ice, and a little excess cherry juice...because I earned it!
IMG_4907.JPG .

A lot of times I will drink bourbon out of a Jefferson cup. Throw it in the freezer for a while and it holds the cold for quite some time without the need of ice.
View attachment 865427
I dunno, I really like the ice factor. maybe depends on what proof your drinking? That said, the Presidential (Jefferson/Monticello) reference makes me ponder: who here has tried Washington's stuff: Mount Vernon Whiskey. Any good?

I was in Trader Joe's to buy some Two Buck Chuck chardonnay for making a white cream pasta sauce. When I came across their Kentucky Bourbon Straight Whiskey. It was only $15. So I bought some. It's pretty darn good.

The talk radio station I listen to during the day has been running quite a few ads on Larceny Bourbon lately. Wifey and I had to run up town yesterday, so we stopped in at Bevmo and bought her a bottle for Valentines day. (She likes a shot at night from time to time). We decided to give it a try last night and was pleasantly surprised. I read some of the other posts about it in this thread, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I know how varied tastes are, but we both liked the flavor. It will be a good one to keep on hand.

Don't tell anybody, usedto, or Larceny will disappear from the shelves, like so many other bourbons.

Had time to open a bottle of EC-BP last night, and quickly learned that it has some unexpected kicks. First shot straight, and wow. Very nice and strong flavors, but come unprepared, and get your butt kicked kinda bourbon. Definitely not for beginners. It was nicer with a few drops of water. A lot of flavors going on. I'll have to give it a serious tasting when I find some time.

Had time to open a bottle of EC-BP last night, and quickly learned that it has some unexpected kicks. First shot straight, and wow. Very nice and strong flavors, but come unprepared, and get your butt kicked kinda bourbon. Definitely not for beginners. It was nicer with a few drops of water. A lot of flavors going on. I'll have to give it a serious tasting when I find some time.
I usually don't put water in my bourbon, but that deserves a few drops.

Back
Top Bottom