Favorite Bourbon

Hey
I thought I heard they won some award recently.
It'll probably go up in price 40% before I can stock up .
They were serving it at my local watering hole . They ran out last Friday night. I guess I'll find out if they re stock it. It was a whole 25 cents more than regular Jim Beam. Eric

I drink cheap liquor - at least I admit it - so anything bottom shelf will do. I figure it's like when I lived in France. The French have a rep as wine mavens but mostly they pour the European equivalent of Ernest & Julio.

Picked this stuff up recently:
IMG_0683_zpsca8ji1lb.jpg

IMG_0715_zps59ytbxr4.jpg

IMG_0820_zpstksefbfi.jpg

IMG_0821_zpsfl4mcflm.jpg

IMG_0866_zpsu4u8lj9s.jpg

I thought that there was a small sign advertising it as a new item. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll need to go back and check.

Hey
Probably, they used to have a 4yr. White label and a 7 yr. White label. The 7 yr. Had a red cap 4yr. Had a white cap. I think they dropped the 7 yr. When the bk. Label came out. I think.
I'll have to search out the extra aged bk. Label. Eric

I thought that there was a small sign advertising it as a new item. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll need to go back and check.

They have a new Double Oak product out. Didn't see another Black, but I haven't been to the liquor store for a while.

I thought they were the same thing. Are there two different JB Black bottlings? That would be confusing.
It's two different bottlings. The first, which has been around for a while, is the Extra Aged (previously called Double Aged with an 8 year age statement) and the other, newer bottling is Double Oak, which is effectively the 4 year old White Label that has been put into newly charred oak barrels for a while after the initial 4 years in the original barrel (it also has no age statement).

It's two different bottlings. The first, which has been around for a while, is the Extra Aged (previously called Double Aged with an 8 year age statement) and the other, newer bottling is Double Oak, which is effectively the 4 year old White Label that has been put into newly charred oak barrels for a while after the initial 4 years in the original barrel (it also has no age statement).

Ah ok I'll didn't remember that the Double Oak was under the Black label.

I got a bottle of it late last year. It was ok but nothing special. But then I'm not really a huge fan of Beam products.

Ah ok I'll didn't remember that the Double Oak was under the Black label.

I got a bottle of it late last year. It was ok but nothing special. But then I'm not really a huge fan of Beam products.

IMO, the best Beam product is Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve. A very tasty near-barrel proof offering (120 proof) at a modest price ($33 on sale around here). Powerfully delicious.

IMO, the best Beam product is Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve. A very tasty near-barrel proof offering (120 proof) at a modest price ($33 on sale around here). Powerfully delicious.

Yes the small batch Beam products are pretty good. I like the Knob Creek Rye.

I was talking about the lower end Beam branded stuff - there are better alternatives at that price point.

Yes the small batch Beam products are pretty good. I like the Knob Creek Rye.

I was talking about the lower end Beam branded stuff - there are better alternatives at that price point.
Indeed. I too am no fan of the entry level Beam products. For whatever reason, I find both Knob Creek Small Batch and Knob Creek Single Barrel, both reasonably priced around here, to be very good and excellent, respectively.

Picked up a bottle of 8 year old Basil Hayden at 80*. A little lighter then what I'm use to. Have to drink on it for awhile.

Barney

They are usually out of it whenever looking for it before. Seen it and said gonna give it a try. Nice and smooth different then the normal WL Weller and Buffalo Trace Makers Mark Old Forester Old Fitzgerald.

Barney

I splurged and picked this up yesterday. Buffalo Trace 6 grain experimental. A bit pricy - I hope it's good!

IMG_8594.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom