Favorite Bourbon

I just saw a bunch of Buffalo Trace on the shelf here in Knoxville. I didn't notice if there was any Blanton's.

Yes, I can always find Buffalo Trace in Knoxville.

Blanton's pops occasionally, but you have to act fast, and it does go for $65-80 a bottle. (I do have a couple bottles put away).

Weller I find more often than Blanton's, but it also goes out of the stores fast.

Sazerac Rye is another that comes and goes...I am down to half a bottle right now.

But I don't mind much, there is always something I like on the store shelf. Or something new to try...

Just started sampling Japanese whiskeys recently and I like 'em.

Bob, try Middlebrook Liquor for Weller. They stock it more reliably than McScrooges. Don't expect Weller 12 there though.

Bob, try Middlebrook Liquor for Weller. They stock it more reliably than McScrooges. Don't expect Weller 12 there though.
Good to know. I can usually find it closer to home, (we are east of Broadway, north of 640), and I can often find it Bob's when down that way, but it is good to have a back up. Beside, I have never been to Middlebrook and should check it out.

You are in my friend Lawrence Yeatts' area. Middlebrook has both a good selection, a wall of Bourbon, as well as good prices. I'm behind the Children's Hospital Outpatient facility, West (the cheap side) on Westland from I140 (AKA Pellisippi).

Yeah Buffalo is good but to me it’s not good enough to stockpile. Now Weller 107? That stuff is stockpile worthy. And for the record I liked it before it was cool!

My buddy bought me a shot recently of the Four Roses limited edition small batch - wow:)
Got bottles of both the small batch & single barrel,but have'nt bothered stocking up as they always seems to be available around here.
Anyhow I did'nt realize there was a limited edition of the small batch,,,I might have to look into that deal???

***EDIT***

That was quick,,,I guess I know why I might've "forgotten" about the limited editions...
Waaayyy outta my $$$$ range,LOL.

But yeah I bet it's some tasty hooch.

:cool:

Bret P.

Got bottles of both the small batch & single barrel,but have'nt bothered stocking up as they always seems to be available around here.
Anyhow I did'nt realize there was a limited edition of the small batch,,,I might have to look into that deal???

***EDIT***

That was quick,,,I guess I know why I might've "forgotten" about the limited editions...
Waaayyy outta my $$$$ range,LOL.

But yeah I bet it's some tasty hooch.

:cool:

Bret P.
Yeah, way out of mine too - but it's nice to have friends!

I splurged on a bottle of it a month or two back. It lasted about 3 weeks, maybe four. I thought it was very tasty.

Is that the same as the Four Roses Single barrel? My friend swears by that stuff. Apparently there are 4 different variations?

At 120 proof I needed a little more water for the mix. I tried several straight drinks but they took my head off. Maybe at 68 I'm a cheap drunk?

Still enjoying Old Weller Antique 107 proof out here on the left coast. I can't believe what the 12 year old Weller is going for out here. ($150 vs. $35)

Back
Top Bottom