Christine McVie
Linda Ronstadt
Eddi Reader
Kate Rusby
Enya
Moya Brennan
Caran Casey
Barbara Streisand

Right now I'm *deeply* infatuated by Aldous Harding. I can't get her out of my mind. I'm completely captivated.

Check out this 17 year old, Role Model of Teen Angst, almost 4 billion online streams. All of the kids adore her.
The story being presented is she does exactly what she wants, independent of producers, record labels, managers, etc, thanks to being one of the first real DIY internet music stars. But some suspect this is just corporate PR...

Last edited:
I guess it's gotten to be a cliche amongst audiophiles but Diana Krall really is my favorite female jazz vocalist. It's just frosting on the cake for me that her recordings generally sound great.

Tough question.
The range of Nancy Wilson has always taken me places. The soul of Grace Potter is impossible to ignore.
EllaF, DianaR, JanisJ, BillieH, DonnaS, Emmy LouH, AllisonK, BarbraS, AlanisM, LindaR, PatB, NorahJ, AnnieL ...

There's no stopping point!

I have not heard her work. I'll look her up.
:rflmao:

BTW, I agree that Patsy Cline belongs in every list which includes notable female vocalists.

I feel like my sails are torn and I've run aground when it comes to finding "new" ones, though.
I want to be proven wrong!

Last edited:
After reading this thread completely, I really have nothing to specifically add/post favorites, as every one of them that`s already been posted that I`ve heard over the past 60 yrs, makes it difficult to claim one, five, or even twenty of my all time favorite Female Artists, as they all have brought their desirable quality singing/instrument performing talent to the plate in their own special way, and I think would do them all injustice by selectively placing in any order of favorites ! :oops:, :beerchug:

How`s that for, :bs: noncommittal, folks ! ;), :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom