Favorite lines from Star Trek (any/all series)?

This exchange, from the end of Mirror, Mirror...

Kirk: Probably. However, that Jim Kirk will find a few changes, if I read my Spocks correctly.

McCoy: Jim, I think I liked him with a beard better. It gave him character. Of course, almost any change would be a distinct improvement.

Kirk: What worries me is the easy way his counterpart fitted into that other universe. I always thought Spock was a bit of a pirate at heart.

Spock: Indeed, gentlemen. May I point out that I had an opportunity to observe your counterparts here quite closely. They were brutal, savage, unprincipled, uncivilised, treacherous; in every way, splendid examples of homo sapiens, the very flower of humanity. I found them quite refreshing.

Kirk: I'm not sure, but I think we've just been insulted.

McCoy: I'm sure.

From The Changeling:
320x240.jpg

"Non-sequitur, your facts uncoordinated."

From the above episode:

"You are the Creator."
"You're wrong! Jackson Roykirk, your creator, is dead! You have mistaken me for him, you are in error! You did not discover your mistake, you have made two errors. You are flawed and imperfect. And you have not corrected by sterilization, you have made three errors!"

- Nomad, sent into a logic feedback loop by Kirk

Excellent. :)

From ‘Let That Be Your Last Battlefield’
Beale points out to Spock the opposite coloration between him and Loki; Spock responds with a quizzical look and this line:
“I fail to see the significance...”

I use that often but no one gets the reference.

From Bicentennial Man
Andrew Martin
"One is glad to be of service".
Not ST, still I thought I'd add it.

I have often used that one as my reply e-mail with co-workers.
I once read a news article with a reply from a high official in the EU that used that line.

I love this exchange in “A taste of Armageddon”, especially the bolded lines.

ANAN: Captain, surely you can see the position we are in. If your people do not report to our disintegration chambers, it is a violation of an agreement that dates back five hundred years.
KIRK: My people are not responsible for your agreements.
ANAN: You will be responsible for an escalation that will destroy everything. Millions of people horribly killed. Complete destruction of our culture here and yes, the culture on Vendikar. Disaster, disease, starvation, horrible, lingering death, pain and anguish!
KIRK: That seems to frighten you.
ANAN: It would frighten any sane man.
KIRK: Yes. You're quite right.
ANAN: Don't you understand, Captain? We have done away with all that. Now you are threatening to bring it down on us again. Are those five hundred people of yours more important than the hundreds of millions of innocent people on Eminiar and Vendikar? What kind of monster are you?
KIRK: I'm a barbarian. You said it yourself.
ANAN: I had hoped I'd spoken only figuratively.
KIRK: Oh, no. You were quite accurate. I plan to prove it to you.

Back
Top Bottom