Favorite lines from Star Trek (any/all series)?

Spock: "If you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains however improbable, must remain to be the truth..."

Can't remember which episode it came from? Used it only the once on the wifey, which rendered her spellbound, and allowed me a hasty retreat.

A word of warning...it will only work the one time!

Q

Spock: "If you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains however improbable, must remain to be the truth..."
Q

That's from Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes) though Star Trek may have appropriated it. Another favorite, from "Operation: Annihilate!" :

"I am a Vulcan. There is no pain."

"Before they went into warp, I transported the whole kit 'n' caboodle into their engine room, where they'll be no tribble at all." - Scotty

Just watched that movie the other day - had to teach my 11 and 14 year old sons what some good movies are. They loved it. (sorry, off topic!)

I can watch Galaxy Quest just about anytime of the day. It even has a Star Trek aside too. This is from memory but I either read or saw and interview with Jonathan Frakes talking about it after it came out. He apparently called up Patrick Stewart and said he had to go see it. Stewart did and enjoyed it as well.

- "I can't believe I kissed you."
- "Must have been your lifelong ambition!"

Star Trek- The Undiscovered Country

Best Regards,
Michael

a coupe more from COTEOF.

"Captain, you're asking me to work with equipment which is hardly very far ahead of stone knives and bearskins"

"In this zinc-plated, vacuum-tubed culture?"

TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise, Season 3 Episode 63

Guinan: All right, try this. (puts down a glass with a drink)
Worf: (Hesitates)...What is it?
Guinan: Just try it.
Worf sips, looks astonished!
Guinan: You see, an Earth drink...Prune Juice!
Worf: A Warrior's drink!

The rest of this exchange in Ten Forward is also hilarious.

also from yesterday's enterprise, which I found to be a riveting episode:

Captain Picard: "The war is going badly for the Federation, far worse than is generally known. Starfleet Command believes defeat is inevitable. In six months, we may have no choice but to surrender."

Captain Garrett: "Are you saying that all this may be the result of our arrival here?"

Captain Picard: "One more ship won't make a difference in the 'here and now' but twenty two years ago one ship could have stopped this war before it started"

"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name - Enterprise." -Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Remastered Versioon - Enterprise C and the Battle of Narenda III

Wrath of Khan

Bones: Lieutenant, you are looking at the only Star Fleet cadet who ever beat the (Kobayashi Maru) No-Win scenario.

Kirk: I don't like to lose....I don't believe in the No Win Scenario

and I can't relate or watch this, ever, without tearing up:

Kirk: Engine room, well done Scotty.
Bones: Jim, I think you'd better get down here.
Kirk: Bones?
Bones: Better hurry...

Kirk in Engineering: Nooo!

Bones and Scotty holding Kirk back -
Bones: No, you'll flood the whole compartment!
Kirk: He'll die!
Scotty, regretfully: He's dead already...
Bones: Its too late Jim.

Kirk on the intercom: Spock!
Spock: Ship...out of danger?
Kirk: Yes
Spock: Don't grieve Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh..
Kirk finishing: The needs of the few...
Spock: Or the one. Hmmph. (weakens and leans on the transparent aluminum wall)
I never took the Kobayashi Maru Test until now. What do you think of my solution?
Kirk: Spock...
Spock (after he collapses to his knees): I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long and prosper.

Kirk: No...

Kirk: Of my friend I can only say this. Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human.

Life is like a garden: Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

-Leonard Nimoy, his last words on Twitter

Last edited:
"Logic is little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow..."

Hoshi Sato's quip in Broken Bow about Enterprise needing seatbelts, and the looks she got, is priceless. "You might think about recommending seatbelts when we get home."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom